Hypnotherapy & Trading

More picks and shovels.

The problem is not a failure to learn how to "control emotions" but rather a failure to learn how to trade emotionlessly. Those who can't control their emotions -- most amateur traders -- will insist that it can't be done. This position is reinforced by "trading psychologists" who make so much money counseling traders who can't control their emotions (teaching them how to do so would dry up the revenue stream).

Db

What is the difference between trading while controlling one's emotions and trading emotionessly?

The best traders can put on a trade without the slightest bit of hesitation or conflict, and just as freely and without hesitation or conflict, admit it isn't working. They can get out of the trade -- even with a loss -- and doing so doesn't resonate the slightest bit of emotional discomfort. In other words, the risks inherent in trading do not cause the best traders to lose their discipline, focus, or sense of confidence. If you are unable to trade without the slightest bit of emotional discomfort (specifically, fear), then you have not learned how to accept the risks inherent in trading. This is a big problem, because to whatever degree you haven't accepted the risk, is the same degree to which you will avoid the risk. Trying to avoid something that is unavoidable will have disastrous effects on your ability to trade successfully. (Douglas)

How successfully a foreign currency exchange trader will institute his trading journey will significantly reliant on how well he can manage his emotions along with the management of basic trading tools, like money management, risk management and time management. Though the admittance to forex market is easy, continued existence in this world market place can be an elaborate assignment without a doubt. So, a trader will always need to develop right trading attitude.

I note that Doomberg hasn't posted since his first session of hypnotherapy.
I hope he has come through OK.

It rather makes me think of the many teachers I had at school. Some were very boring and one even got us to write down his dictation until someone found the book he was reading it out of !
However there were a very few that could make the subject interesting and I looked forward to their classes and did really well. Nobody dozed off in their classes.

:smart:

Being teacher is an art I hardly met any talented guys who could taught me properly. Some of them knew the subject good but lacked explanation skill.Other's where simply cons which tried to make money selling fake knowledge

Research the reputation of a teacher prior to hiring their services. Usually when there is a problem others have already mentioned it online. The same goes for the good teachers, their reputation preceeds them.

The British educational system needs over hauling badly imho.
Many of the subjects are completely useless for a future working life and are badly taught.
The difference between say South Korea and the UK is amazing. Their students are keen to learn and will expect to work all the hours possible knowing that knowledge is the route to the top.

I was shocked by the answers of the Big 5 high street banks' CEOs to the select Parlt Cee's questions. This was after the banking crisis of 2008/9.

One question was " what qualifications have you in banking ?" Would you believe it, not one of the five had any banking qualifications whatsoever. How on earth did they get appointed and by who ? Lady Muck's boyfriends at the golf club maybe.