Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,298 264
Sure is:

Nasdaq long @ 6215 = +144 @ £4 = + £576
Dow short @ 43430 = - 25 @ £1 = + £25
Net + £601

Unusually, both long and short in profit.
John, me thinks your broker will claim you took advantage of mis pricing on your Dow short :p

Joking apart - nice one, and another thread showing another way of trading. It pays not to label ourselves as anything, its more to do with spotting opportunities and taking advantage of them.

(y)

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,298 264
On a more serious note, we needed this to happen, the markets had gotten a bit out of whack, and if we are to have a pullback Tues/Wed then we need all 3 ducking and diving in sync, rather than having a puppy off the lead doing their own thing.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,225 2,332
On a more serious note, we needed this to happen, the markets had gotten a bit out of whack, and if we are to have a pullback Tues/Wed then we need all 3 ducking and diving in sync, rather than having a puppy off the lead doing their own thing.
Have a heart. Brewski is all in spuds deep long Dow.(y) Going very well I hear.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,225 2,332
Monday blow off then :cheesy:

Then everyone is happy as Larry - or should that be as happy as Brewski ;)
Well given the strength of wordwide indices this year, I can see no reason why they should not continue higher (christmas rally). If he holds on using the trail stop strategy, it could be a life changing sum.

There's a rumour that if this happens, he is taking everyone out, all expenses paid **** up :devilish:

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,298 264
Well given the strength of wordwide indices this year, I can see no reason why they should not continue higher (christmas rally). If he holds on using the trail stop strategy, it could be a life changing sum.

There's a rumour that if this happens, he is taking everyone out, all expenses paid **** up :devilish:
I heard that rumour too! He is my new best friend!!

EnlightenedJoe

Experienced member
1,950 95
Just to show the potential in this sort of trade.

A few minutes ago Nasdaq 6067 = -4@£4 = -£16
"..................... Dow 23357 = -98@£1 = +£98
...................... net = £82
You must have been a senior member of foroom's wood have club. Nevertheless, it's proof you are trading.

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,298 264

Not suggesting a major correction (yet), just a reversion from exuberance. Using a simple time/price measured move. Looks to be seeking the area nicely, the grey box roughly comes in Tues/Wed. Would need a bit of decent profit taking to kick us off then the chasers can dump out.

Never say no to a Santa rally:cheesy:

Attachments

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
WSW, 8 wks till xmas, and the Mueller announcement maybe as early as Monday. I'm clueless but seems to me the dowboys have plenty of time to run this higher for Santa AFTER do decide to take a little off table here.

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,298 264
WSW, 8 wks till xmas, and the Mueller announcement maybe as early as Monday. I'm clueless but seems to me the dowboys have plenty of time to run this higher for Santa AFTER do decide to take a little off table here.
Well how freaky would that be if the time element links bang on with Mueller, and anything perverse in his testimony/report. Just let off a bit of steam, thats all, then I would love to jump on Santa's sleigh also for a ride.

Personally, have been selling puts since late August (after a sting trying to short the Dow), still have DOW 21800 Nov and Dec 21600 to expire worthless (famous last words) then done with naked puts. But would rather be a buyer of volatility in the coming months, with a smaller long position on the US markets heading into Dec/Jan.

Last edited: