How to work on discipline

You didht lose your money from the conflict,but because you have no edge.
What i intepret from your answers is that you believe that you will make trading your job,.consider the possibility that you will lose everything and you will go to work somewhere for pennies.
My advice is to stop trading and just invest, If you find an edge then you can start trading.

I dont know your financial statous so i cant say anything more.

Last edited:
Actually I was thinking I noticed that I was doing more of the things I want to do and less of the things I don't so I must be strengthening the discipline muscle.

Still, over trading.... terrible. Went from 20% up on Friday to 2% up due to trading whilst tired.

Thanks
You are not overtrading you just have no edge, you may gain 20% in a day and then lose 40% in an hour,you find excuses for your loses which is ok, but the moment you find an edge you will know when and how to trade and where to put your stop.
People in general who succeed in trading are the people who dont have the stress to make a living from it, they have better management of risk, because of that, and they have the capital to wait for the set up, and they work in higher timefranes because they dont have the stress to live from this.
So a newbie who has 10000 dollars from renting houses and need 20% per year will be a better trader from someone who is a pro and wants 20% per month. The pro will blow up and the newbie will gain a 20% ,or more for that reason.

Last edited:
You are not overtrading you just have no edge, you may gain 20% in a day and then lose 40% in an hour,you find excuses for your loses which is ok, but the moment you find an edge you will know when and how to trade and where to put your stop.
People in general who succeed in trading are the people who dont have the stress to make a living from it, they have better management of risk, because of that, and they have the capital to wait for the set up, and they work in higher timefranes because they dont have the stress to live from this.
So a newbie who has 10000 dollars from renting houses and need 20% per year will be a better trader from someone who is a pro and wants 20% per month. The pro will blow up and the newbie will gain a 20% ,or more for that reason.
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you on this. One should always value the art of gaining money with the right strategies and mindset.Trading discipline is achieved with consistent practice.
The only way to develop trading discipline is through practice. Think of it as a process that won't happen overnight. You will break rules many times but if you are consistent in your will to be disciplined, you will eventually win over all the shortcomings that prevent you from following a disciplined approach. Even if you succeed in small steps, don't forget to reward yourself. It will truly motivate you to stick to your plan.

I don't think there is a shortcut for this. It's simply acquired over time by using and testing using a mechanical approach.

Go with proper planning and check your progress timely. It will boost your morale and encourage you to be more disciplined to grow your trading outputs.

Cultivating discipline is crucial for consistent and profitable trading. A trader's goal is to make the law of averages work in his or her favour for which discipline is very important and you can achieve discipline by consistency and following some rules in your life which will not let you deviate from your goal like : Keeping a trading journal, giving 1 hour to demo trading, researching market movements are few points that I keep in mind while trading.