How to trade before 9am??

bullboy

sharky ...i would like to know how josephbloggs managed to short his first trade at 8.20am yet i shorted the same stock and it only went through at 9am as per usual.We both shorted the same stock yet i am £5500 down??......sorry Joseph but u are far too good to be given a head start :LOL: ..if indeed this is allowed and i just have to be in front of my pc at 8.20am to begin earlier then i am most sorry for my stupidity and will endevour to utilise this advantage.. :eek:

Bull

I shorted the stock just after 8am yesterday morning - I guess you shorted just prior to 8am (thus T2W uses the price at 9am to make the trade).

When you make the trade pre-8am, it highlights that the trade will be made at the price at 9am.

(Of course there the 20 minute delay just to confuse you as well!!)

josephbloggs1973 said:
Bull

I shorted the stock just after 8am yesterday morning - I guess you shorted just prior to 8am (thus T2W uses the price at 9am to make the trade).

When you make the trade pre-8am, it highlights that the trade will be made at the price at 9am.

(Of course there the 20 minute delay just to confuse you as well!!)

I aint confused a bout the time delay , just want to clarify that if you want to start early , you can by trading between 8 and 9am?.This would thereby leave all the people who can't log on between 8 and 9 a distict disadvantage.....True?

yeah actually anybody who places trades over the whole weekend will be at a disadvantage to those lucky few who can be in front of a pc btween 8 and 9am(less 20 min delay of course)..Indeed if anyone seriously wants to try and win ,then they could do with being logged at that time ..

That's correct - if you make a trade before 8am, outside market hours - we delay it until 9am to avoid wide spreads. But there's nothing to stop you trading as soon as the market opens at 8am.