How to tell whether or not a security is traded by a machine?

jacknapier

157 2
I just read this article saying that most of the time you are trading against a computer. I'm wondering if there is a way to determine whether or not a particular symbol is not being traded by a machine? I know that low volume would be an indicator. I couldn't imagine a computer trading a symbol with 50k shares traded a day.

new_trader

Legendary member
6,598 1,437
I just read this article saying that most of the time you are trading against a computer. I'm wondering if there is a way to determine whether or not a particular symbol is not being traded by a machine? I know that low volume would be an indicator. I couldn't imagine a computer trading a symbol with 50k shares traded a day.

What exactly does "trading against a computer" mean? There are possibly 1000's of traders each making decisions about whether they go long or short at any particular time. Yet this article claims that each of them is assigned a computer that trades against them? The whole notion of 'Man Vs Machine' is pure B.S.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock