How to reach for investors?

I think I need some help here.

It seems all investors are looking for good trader with consistent track record for several years.

I was trading with 2 of mine partners and we have been doing this for 2 years on account of one Russian investor. Recently because of disagreements inside of our team we decided to split up.

I opened account at OANDA and started to look for investors. I tried to posting on Forex related forums info about my services but I found it is illegal. You can post only your thoughts there.

Anyway, 5 investors with $100 each - that’s all I’ve got after 1 month. Most of the visitors are other money managers that are looking to compare results with their own.

Please help me with (advice/contacts/urls) how trader can get to real investors. There must be a way! Some kind of trader incubators, showcases, ranking sites where investors do look for traders. If you are investor – please share with how and where do you look for traders.

I don’t like to chat about FOREX on forums, I don’t sell signals, I don’t want to quit my job, I don’t want work in investment bank, I don’t want to relocate - all I want to trade account of my own + accounts of other investors.

Thanks God, recently I was contacted by one CTA saying that they scout for traders like me. I have big hopes about it. Actually this was inspiration to this thread.

I will consider any help and willing to share in profits for this.

Andrew Vorobyov

Go to a Prop Shop. What account size have you traded in the past? Investors are not interested to know you have traded £1000 and turned it into £10k.

1 to 2% is good for investors but as the risk is adjustable, we have seen over the last couple of years that traders will try to get more out of the system and not follow our recommendations. This is the reason that we redesigned RoboMiner, the program for traders, to the new PIPen for investors. PIPen is on myfxbook by the way, but I don't think my neighbor who wants a program to put his kid through school is going to think to look on myfxbook, hell he doesn't even know the forex market exists and is going to lose most of his money to some wallstreet hustler. Anyway, guys, thanks for your opinion. I need to find someone with a degree in marketing, I'm wasting your time here. The subject of the thread caught my attention and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. I already have over 2500 members on my forum, top traders that help with my research, but no one really knew how to go about bridging the chasm between we who know how and those that need. Don't believe the old adage, that 'if you build a better mouse trap the world will beat a path to your door'. If that saying was ever true, it isn't any more. Today, everyone is more interested in throwing stones than progress, just look at the political commercials. Anyway, good luck everyone. And thanks for trying.

Yea Ponzi schemes are limited to 20% return a year! sucks dont it!

I am new to this site and got here by doing a search. Like many new members I have questions that brought me here. I don't need advice on investing, as I have not lost a trade in over 2 years, (over 3,000 trades) however, my system, one that I created is better suited for investors than traders because although it is ultra safe, it only makes 1 to 2% per month. After observing traders responses over the last 2 years, traders seem to much prefer our other system because they want more profit than just 20% a year.

I need to be able to attract investors that are more interested in security than profit. I can get to traders, but how does one go about letting your everyday investor know that there is a better solution to a monthly income than annuities?

Here are the basics, no loss system, not risk free but the risk is adjustable, higher risk, higher profit, lower risk.... Can remove profits quarterly, monthly, whatever... set up monthly payments like an annuity but the principle remains in possession of the investor. Computer robot does all the trading, and the system is integrated with a VPS type operation using the MT4 so the investor is touch free except he tells the tech how he prefers to trade and sets up his own broker account.

I do not do sales generally but I need to figure out how to enter the investor market. Can anyone advise me on how to get started?

Offer your robot for free, but have an agreement that they open account with a certain broker and stop the robot working at certain brokers if they try to use it elsewhere. Get an IB agreement with the broker that you get a 50$/mio rebate for every client you bring in.

The problem with 1%-2% is that it's not that hard for most traders to put a strong of losses together of 3-5 which equates to 3%-10% drawdown. Then, as TD says you've got problems if wanting to manage money, or indeed are already managing it.

Better to use 0.25%-0.50% maximum in my book.

Remember 101 sophisticated and extremely rich investors were begging Maddoff to invest in his funds, all because his track record produced about 15% per annum with tiny drawdowns. The fact he was a scammer isn't the point here.