How to make 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GlenGary, I've made 100% in one week, but it is the exception to the rule. As matter a fact I hardly ever do it. Most months I am well over 100%, and that leads to a good time at the bank.

Let me respectfully say that that using a microscopic amount, you can run up huge percentages, but that would be more a dice roll. When I talk about making 100% for the month, I am just talking about a practical amount I have in my trading account.

I guess another point here is that I made over 200% in a week on a demo account, but that did not prove anytihng except what can be done by just going off the charts by risking everything and coming up lucky.

Got to make another point. These guys were talking baout how complicated I make trading appear. In order to prove a point, I made 17 trades in one day (This is verifiable in my other thread.) using .2% (That's 2/10ths only) margining. Two days later, they were up by 3,544 pips. They were announced at the time I placed them, and then verified two days later. I placed them on my live account and my demo account, and posted my demo. Considering how low my margining actually was the equivalent retuen on all those trades was about 71 pips at my natural marginging.

Aim for 20% a day, turn 100% by end of the trading week,

You can go for 100%, in a day, but realisticly, you wont do it everyday, and less stress to turn just 20% daily. 20%-5 days, 100% in 5 days.

Can you do that for 10 weeks? And dont start off with your whole bankroll, start with a point of $250..

Make a spreadsheet or chart, aim for a 20% gain each day, do it for 10 weeks, $128,000

Trying to get 100% daily, good luck to you, but why the stress.

Hi GlenGary, I've made 100% in one week, but it is the exception to the rule. As matter a fact I hardly ever do it. Most months I am well over 100%, and that leads to a good time at the bank.

4x, as this thread is fairly long, can you just remind us (or anyone who has joined) how much of your trading account you risk per trade? I'm not referring to margin, I would like to know what % of your trading capital the average losing trade represents?

Black Swan has called this one correctly. This guy is taking the p1ss frankly.

If you want to prove me wrong, PM me your S&R levels and I'll take a look. If you can convince me then you'll be doing well.

I've only had one losing trade in the last 6 weeks.
The math is simple. If I have a winning trade of 100 pips, that is 10% gain on my account on 10% margining. The converse is also true -100 pips = -10%. I've had 2 losing trades all year of at least 100 pips.

4x, as this thread is fairly long, can you just remind us (or anyone who has joined) how much of your trading account you risk per trade? I'm not referring to margin, I would like to know what % of your trading capital the average losing trade represents?

Black Swan has called this one correctly. This guy is taking the p1ss frankly.

If you want to prove me wrong, PM me your S&R levels and I'll take a look. If you can convince me then you'll be doing well.

Am I getting these wonderful s&r levels or not?

Actually, forget it. If people want to go on this magical mystery tour to nowhere, that's up to them. If suckers were a food crop, there'd be no more hunger, and that will never change.

Don't blame you for being skeptical. I'm also not trying to convince you of anything. I just know the gains, the pips, and the money I have made. All I can do is my best to convey that to anyone that wants greater gains and lots of money in their accounts. I'm honestly not trying to be smug. If you only knew my heart-of-hearts, you would know the passion for what I have to do.

Quite frankly, I don't know of one thing Swan has called right yet.

Concerning my S&R's, let's go public. Name me a couple of pairs, and I'll post them. BTW, my S&R's will be featured in my nuggets, eventually.

I am looking forward to what Rossini's closed thread is all about. If the comments can be moderated then I am very interested. I'm tired of all the garbage that interested readers have to read through.

The main idea I'm trying to convey is to have a methodology that locates reversals in trends or continuations. I'm not trying to imply, mine is the only good one there is. Once the trader has developed the methodology necessary, then the gains are phoenomenal, along with a high degree of confidence. When you get to that point, you are no longer asking questions, but you are doing. You might understand why I don't care what anyone says. That's my passion, and outstanding gains are possible for anyone.

BTW, I do care if it is anything constructive. You see,I'm still learning, too. I'm an outstanding trader, but I can still be better.

Black Swan has called this one correctly. This guy is taking the ---- frankly.

Don't blame you for being skeptical. I'm also not trying to convince you of anything. I just know the gains, the pips, and the money I have made. All I can do is my best to convey that to anyone that wants greater gains and lots of money in their accounts. I'm honestly not trying to be smug. If you only knew my heart-of-hearts, you would know the passion for what I have to do.

Quite frankly, I don't know of one thing Swan has called right yet.

Concerning my S&R's, let's go public. Name me a couple of pairs, and I'll post them. BTW, my S&R's will be featured in my nuggets, eventually.

I am looking forward to what Rossini's closed thread is all about. If the comments can be moderated then I am very interested. I'm tired of all the garbage that interested readers have to read through.

The main idea I'm trying to convey is to have a methodology that locates reversals in trends or continuations. I'm not trying to imply, mine is the only good one there is. Once the trader has developed the methodology necessary, then the gains are phoenomenal, along with a high degree of confidence. When you get to that point, you are no longer asking questions, but you are doing. You might understand why I don't care what anyone says. That's my passion, and outstanding gains are possible for anyone.

BTW, I do care if it is anything constructive. You see,I'm still learning, too. I'm an outstanding trader, but I can still be better.

Hi 4X, My first contribution here....as someone who only trades gbpusd, I would be interested to see your s/r levels for that pairing, per your suggestion above...perhaps then I could contribute again to this thread. Thx.

I've only had one losing trade in the last 6 weeks.
The math is simple. If I have a winning trade of 100 pips, that is 10% gain on my account on 10% margining. The converse is also true -100 pips = -10%. I've had 2 losing trades all year of at least 100 pips.

You're incapable of answering the question.

When you place a trade, if it immediately goes to your stop loss, what percentage of your trading account will you have lost?

or if that isn't clear enough

How much of your equity (in %) do you risk per trade?

or if that still isn't clear

What is the average % loss on your account of all your losing trades?

(To say "I've had 2 losing trades all year of at least 100 pips" means nothing.. really, nothing at all. Because maybe both those losses were 1,000 pips. Please stop treating us like idiots.)

if i've got it right, the idea barjon put forward would be to have a parallel thread to this one, it would be a closed thread and your main points (the nuggets) would be copied over.

this thread would remain as the main thread for you to post in and members to freely discuss, whilst the closed thread contains uninterrupted reading of any nuggets. because it is a closed thread nobody can post to it, it is locked.

Monthlies for GBP/USD

Plot the monthlies on your 4-hour chart. You will get a bounce off the reference points. Most likely, you will get a retrace of at least 38.2% of the distacne between it and the previous point. If you get a continuation, wait for the pullback to the point jump in the same direction and ride to the next point.

MR3--1.6356
MR2--1.6057
MR1--1.5884
MS1--1.5540
MS2--1.5367
MS3--1.5068

Hi 4X, My first contribution here....as someone who only trades gbpusd, I would be interested to see your s/r levels for that pairing, per your suggestion above...perhaps then I could contribute again to this thread. Thx.

Re: Monthlies for GBP/USD

Interesting, Thanx...will report back what happens at each level if price reaches them...and this thread is still open.

Plot the monthlies on your 4-hour chart. You will get a bounce off the reference points. Most likely, you will get a retrace of at least 38.2% of the distacne between it and the previous point. If you get a continuation, wait for the pullback to the point jump in the same direction and ride to the next point.

MR3--1.6356
MR2--1.6057
MR1--1.5884
MS1--1.5540
MS2--1.5367
MS3--1.5068

Re: Nugget 5--Understanding a trend III

That sort of thinking really appeals to newbies though. It seems to be a common misconception among new traders that the successful have special indicators or access to knowledge to information that us mere mortals don't possess. Whereas in reality people would be surprised at the simplicity of many successful trading systems.

First sensible thing I've read here for a while.

Nugget 9

I wanted to post this in the form of a nugget, as per the conversation with bbmac.

These are the weeklies for the GBP/USD from last week. The hourly chart is plotted in conjunction with it. The encircled area represents the beginning price action for the week. At the beginning of any TF, price is indecisive. We finally got a break north, but did not make it all the way to the WR1. The level it stopped at was 61.8% of the distance of WP--WR1.

The break south took us to the the WS1 at 1.5730. We had a slight wick spike to 1.5719.
The reversal produced some more consolidative action abck around the WP. One of the trades from last week was entered at the purple line, and exited at the WR1right before we had that sharp break south.

This drives the skeptics nuts. Enter a trade with no pullbacks and bag 100 pips. Check my other trade for confirmation on the posted trade, live. I also posted my S&R's at the beginning of last week, as per request.

There are other instances of a strong trend where there is what I would call a continuation. When my S or R is hit, there would be a hestitation, slight spike, then a move through it. Watch the hourly candle on the weeklies for a close above the R or under the S. Wait for the retrace back near the level and get in the same direction.

Use the 4-hour candle in the same way in viewing the monthliesm and the daily in viewing the yearlies.

Attachments

• gbpusd ws&r's.jpg
    gbpusd ws&r's.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 212
Nugget 10-- Quick thought on deviations

I thougbht it might be appropriate to make some addiitonal comments with regards to standard deviations.

There are 2 basic ways to look at them. First, when price reaches the 2 or 3 sigma, it is the obvious ultimate entry to enter a trade. Even at 2, that is the 95% area for all candles from that point to the median. That would also mean there is a 5% chance of it getting on the other side. This applies to any TF. This is why I entered the short on the EUR/AUD. It is very close to the +3. There is only a 2% chance of price going beyond it.

Stock portfolio managers use SD channels much differently. They'll take various groups of stocks, then figure the standard deviation for the howle group of stocks. After analyzing various groups, they will reccomend the group with the lowest rating. Simply put, they want the lowest vairable from the mean. Their methods of investing clients' money is highly conservative. Therefore, have a group os stocks with such a small variance, adn the highly conservative style they have because of the large sums of money they invest, and that all adds up to 15--20% pre year being considered excellent returns.

The readers of this thread wil know why I use deviation channels the way I do, with respect to entering trades when price is out of the ordinary zone, as in the current short I have on the EUR/AUD. Some of you will use that for your benefit. Others will sit on the sidelines as they spue and worry about how much I'm going to "lose" per trade.

My suggestion is to use your method of deciding when your trend has become stretched, enter, and then exit with lots of pips.

Nugget 11--Yearly S&R's

The accompanying chart is the GBP/USD daily. It is up-to-date. Notice the activity so far this year. The pink lines are YP, YS1, and YS2. The dotted lines in between are the Fibos between each reference point. It is the only time I use Fibos, which are used in conjunction with my S&R's. Notice the full correction after the YS1 was hit the first time. It hit the 38% line then continued its journey. After the 62% of YS1—YS2 was hit, the subsequent move was to the 62% mark of the YP—YS1. That kind of thing happens a lot, because it represents a full range of the yearly range. That range is the distance between each individual S&R with the absolute values of 2 or less. From 2-3, they are approximately 1.61 (No relation to Fibos) the distance of the P-1 and 1-2 levels. The distance this year for cable is 1,158 pips. Once a one-way trip has been hit, it is time to look for a reversal point.

All my S&R's are highly effective, especially on the initial hit. After 2nd and subsequent hits, they lose their elasticity, and then are not as effective. Even so, look at the price action around the YS1 on all the return trips around it.
When the dip was established at 1.4229 was established, it was evident there was going to be a strong move north. It was in the forecast for a full move of the yearly range to 1.5278. There were strong indications on the weekly for a strong move UP, which is why it is important to pay attention to the other TF's in evaluating a position.

These representations are never meant to be presented as if all those pips were gotten, or should have be gotten on that move or moves. Even with excellent indicators that we all have access to (Not just a few of us like some were trying to intoxicate us to believe.), they can all indicate different things. This is why it is best to find the best combination of indicators that works best for you in order to ascertain your trade entries and exits.

Attachments

• gbpusd ys&r's.jpg
    gbpusd ys&r's.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.