How to get Investors for my trading ?

logesharun

Hi

I'm forex trader with 6 years of experience (inclused learning phase too :) ), with 5years of live account trading .

I blown my first account in 6 months(2012), then created another live account on April 2013 which I still trade. I took my account from $400 to $2500 in 10 straight months (June 2015 - March 2016). I'm averaging around 10-15% per month (Compounding ) . Even though the growth is good, due to small account size I end up making only $250 per month which is quite less for a month of hard work . It would take another 2 years to create a capital where I can withdraw , quite a decent amount monthly.

I mainly trade EURUSD at key levels with strict moneymanagement , manual trading on daily basis. I dont use any EA's or algo, I can provide you with my trade logs with 3.5 years history.

www.myfxbook.com/members/logesharun/armada-logesh/785343

Account is sum total of all my emotions , and 100's of trading strategy which I tried along my journey. My account plunged from 15th March 2016 - May 2016 , you can see in the trading history that during that time minimum traded lot size is 0.10 to 0.50 lot which is high for my account size. Before that traded size was from 0.01 -0.10 lot. I increased the lot size to make a decent amount monthly. From May 15-2016 till present again my trading went north .

Drawdown in the above account was high as I increase the risk. Is the above trade log sufficient to get funds for my trading?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks

PS: Excuse me if my English is bad.

Why aren't you on the big mirror sites ?

If you are doing ok then gradually you will build a following

N

im in a similar position to logesharun getting returns but with such a small account unable for them to be meaningful financially. Fancy getting an IM going or running in the background together for a take on each others trades and opinions?
Im going to be posting on this site for a bit in journals feel free to follow

Hi

I'm forex trader with 6 years of experience (inclused learning phase too :) ), with 5years of live account trading .

I blown my first account in 6 months(2012), then created another live account on April 2013 which I still trade. I took my account from $400 to $2500 in 10 straight months (June 2015 - March 2016). I'm averaging around 10-15% per month (Compounding ) . Even though the growth is good, due to small account size I end up making only $250 per month which is quite less for a month of hard work . It would take another 2 years to create a capital where I can withdraw , quite a decent amount monthly.

I mainly trade EURUSD at key levels with strict moneymanagement , manual trading on daily basis. I dont use any EA's or algo, I can provide you with my trade logs with 3.5 years history.

www.myfxbook.com/members/logesharun/armada-logesh/785343

Account is sum total of all my emotions , and 100's of trading strategy which I tried along my journey. My account plunged from 15th March 2016 - May 2016 , you can see in the trading history that during that time minimum traded lot size is 0.10 to 0.50 lot which is high for my account size. Before that traded size was from 0.01 -0.10 lot. I increased the lot size to make a decent amount monthly. From May 15-2016 till present again my trading went north .

Drawdown in the above account was high as I increase the risk. Is the above trade log sufficient to get funds for my trading?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks

PS: Excuse me if my English is bad.

Do you think that you can do 9 net winning trades over a period of time..

9 Net winning trades examples

9 wins 0 losses
18 wins and 9 losses
30 wins and 21 losses
50 wins and 41 losses
150 wins and 141 losses

If so have a look at this short Presentation (only the slides sadly) i was shown it a while back it sure makes you think what is achievable in a short space of time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1HMuY4jLWwZW1ZSnRTdVgwdG8

Do you think that you can do 9 net winning trades over a period of time..

9 Net winning trades examples

9 wins 0 losses
18 wins and 9 losses
30 wins and 21 losses
50 wins and 41 losses
150 wins and 141 losses

If so have a look at this short Presentation (only the slides sadly) i was shown it a while back it sure makes you think what is achievable in a short space of time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1HMuY4jLWwZW1ZSnRTdVgwdG8

9 consecutive winnings not 9 net winnings . There is a big difference .

Maths not your strongest point Tar?

Not 9 consecutive winnings that would be totally unrealistic

you risk 50% of the increasing or decreasing balance, look at the attached ppt

each loss takes you back one step, each win takes you forward one step

Its one step forwards or backwards until you reach 9 winners.

admittedly if you loose on the first trade or have more consecutive winners than losers you have to start again

Last edited:
Maths not your strongest point Tar?

Not 9 consecutive winnings that would be totally unrealistic

you risk 50% of the increasing or decreasing balance, look at the attached ppt

each loss takes you back one step, each win takes you forward one step

Its one step forwards or backwards until you reach 9 winners.

admittedly if you loose on the first trade or have more consecutive winners than losers you have to start again

Ok but still your calculation is wrong , why stop at 9 net winnings just add another 9 net winnings and make millions from just 10 quids . Your calculation is way off .

Ok but still your calculation is wrong , why stop at 9 net winnings just add another 9 net winnings and make millions from just 10 quids . Your calculation is way off .

The calculation is not off it is spot on...

if you think i have made a mathematical error then show me where.

And to answer your question yes you can keep going,.. margin requirements get heavy though and banking some of your profit needs to be done.

Show me one reason, just one !!!, with figures, that this wont work

The only reason it wont work is an inability to make 9 net winning trades

The calculation is not off it is spot on...

if you think i have made a mathematical error then show me where.

And to answer your question yes you can keep going,.. margin requirements get heavy though and banking some of your profit needs to be done.

Show me one reason, just one !!!, with figures, that this wont work

The only reason it wont work is an inability to make 9 net winning trades

in case you didnt read the ppt

Trades with 2:1 RR

so risk 10 points for a target of 20 points etc

The problem with the example is margin requirements. To trade with a little starting capital, 20 pounds for example, will require leverage. So you would need more than 500:1 to avoid a single tick triggering a margin call on the first trade. Since the account is doubling every win the trade size needs to be considered as does additional margin requirements. The difficulty in this strategy is that you cannot afford much wiggle room when price goes against you. You could reduce trade size after a couple of wins but then you need more pips.

The problem with the example is margin requirements. To trade with a little starting capital, 20 pounds for example, will require leverage. So you would need more than 500:1 to avoid a single tick triggering a margin call on the first trade. Since the account is doubling every win the trade size needs to be considered as does additional margin requirements. The difficulty in this strategy is that you cannot afford much wiggle room when price goes against you. You could reduce trade size after a couple of wins but then you need more pips.

So the calculations are indeed correct?

Re Margin, of course you need an account balance of more than £20....:rolleyes:

the risk to your account of a loss however is not more than £20..

wiggle room..... its 2:1 Risk Reward.....

so 5 point stop = 10 point target

10 point stop needs 20 point target

100 point stop = 200 point target

all depends on what you are trading

2:1 or better is the Risk Reward that most look to achieve isn't it, is that unreasonable?

anyone else see a flaw in the strategy.....:cool:

The calculation is a joke mate , you are assuming consecutive winnings ...

The calculation is a joke mate , you are assuming consecutive winnings ...

My calculations a joke ....LOL you are so negative Tar and that's twice now you have said that I am looking for consecutive winners, for the second time check your math mate :smart:

...heres a spreadsheet showing the calculations .....show me where excel gets it wrong

each trade takes you one step backwards or forwards on the results ladder, take trade 7 for example a win takes you to trade 8 a loss back to trade 6.

The only mistake is that the account balance should really read something like overall trade win results,

The account used to make the trades would need more than a £20 initial balance to place the trades. however the risk to the account that is used is only £20.

Attachments

• Adams spreadsheet.JPG
    Adams spreadsheet.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 370
So the calculations are indeed correct?

Re Margin, of course you need an account balance of more than £20....:rolleyes:

the risk to your account of a loss however is not more than £20..

wiggle room..... its 2:1 Risk Reward.....

so 5 point stop = 10 point target

10 point stop needs 20 point target

100 point stop = 200 point target

all depends on what you are trading

2:1 or better is the Risk Reward that most look to achieve isn't it, is that unreasonable?

anyone else see a flaw in the strategy.....:cool:

The issue is you require increasing margin requirements, more than what's needed to meet the trade size to allow you to absorb the stop without a margin call. So the only way to avoid this would be to reduce your trade size and target larger targets which has limited reasonable scope. So let's say you target 50 pips then you need to nail what is a larger swing that is less frequent. It's not impossible but as Tar says with some. Modifications could work

Last edited:
I apologise to Chalky trader , looks your calculation is right . Still therotical though :

1- You are asking for more than 50% win rate with 2:1 reward to risk .

2- Hence your money is limited there is a good chance of risk of ruin before you reach your dreams . But still this version can be watered down a bit . For example risk 10 with a 1000 account .

Love it

At which step are you at the moment ? :cheesy: