How to find stocks with a STEADY increase?

iBelgium

Hi everybody,

Traders are always looking for stocks that show a steady increase. So if we are screening for stocks with a good performance, that won't necessarily mean we will have a list of stocks with a good buying opportunity. For example, i'll show you 2 stocks that made a nice performance in 1 year:

4R3Nuri.png

r2c4rAe.png

VNDA increased 236% in 1 year.
MU increased 213% in 1 year.

Nonetheless, it's obvious that MU is far more attractive for traders than VNDA, cause MU shows a steady increase.

Now my question to you guys, are there any indicators on which you can filter beforehand to find stocks that show a steady increase instead of checking every chart manually?

Greetings,

iBelgium

buy Dummies Guide To Statistics, work through the chapter on regression paying particular attention to any sentence with the phrase "least squares" in it.

Hi everybody,

VNDA increased 236% in 1 year.
MU increased 213% in 1 year.

Nonetheless, it's obvious that MU is far more attractive for traders than VNDA, cause MU shows a steady increase.

Now my question to you guys, are there any indicators on which you can filter beforehand to find stocks that show a steady increase instead of checking every chart manually?

Greetings,

iBelgium

VNDA is quite volatile. Yes it made nice profit over the past year, however, it may give you the same nice drop. I would not consider it as a steady increase.

MU on the other hand had steady increase, however, you do not know whether it is not at the top and how far up it still may go.

You may try following algorithm: select stocks with relatively low volatility that moved up 10-20% on steady volume (no high volume surges).

Last edited:
VNDA is quite volatile. Yes it made nice profit over the past year, however, it may give you the same nice drop. I would not consider it as a steady increase.

MU on the other hand had steady increase, however, you do not know whether it is not at the top and how far up it still may go.

You may try following algorithm: select stocks with relatively low volatility that moved up 10-20% on steady volume (no high volume surges).

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the info.

Its vise idea to choose steady increase stocks as it will ensure you that you will get dividends on your UK stocks. Why not have a look towards dividend data of companies which are listed under FTSE 100 Dividends?

Im a risk averse person so i'l go for a steady stock rather than facing a loss every now and then.

One thing to look at is where each company's cash flows come from. MU has a more stable cash flows because they a product that they are constantly selling.

VNDA on the other hand, had one drug that they were currently selling, and much of their volatility was based on FDA approvals of their new drug, HETLIOZ, as well as some missed earnings due to the decline in sales of their existing drug. It was the fact that they were so dependent on the sales of one drug and the FDA approval of another that made them so volatile.

All in all, the growth stocks that will have the least volatility are the ones that are more diversified in what they typically sell.