How much?

No sleuth, you bore me with your obsession...

In fairness to BS, although he has said that he intends to pursue other trading-related activities, I don't think he has any plans to become a vendor or educator. I won't say what he is planning to do as it might have been told in confidence, but from what he told me it shouldn't be the kind of thing where he'd need to be worried about the usual exposures and so on.

Stop being a dick and dissembling by taking quotes out of context, I use the psar as a guide to move my stop..nice stalking though..

The advice you offered to builder man is/was way above what he needs, read the thread title and the op Ffs before trying to be a smart ar5e.

Don't you get it? I was showing him that it needn't be a multi-screen, watching-the-market-24-hours-a day-activity. You can achieve the same by letting someone more qualified do the work for you. What do you think funds-of-funds do?

I can't quantify natural talent or someone who has a feel for the market, but when someone posts pretty pictures with a psar on it, chances are they haven't a clue.

There are some methods, which have been around before charts and computers, which statistically stand the test of time - point and figure, floor trader pivots and momentum, for example.

My advice has substance - an example would be:

1) Take the 40K - put 30K in bonds, the other 10K leveraged using margin at 4:1.

2) The exchange-traded fund is expected to yield 4x its historical average, but with an accompanying increase in risk.

I could illustrate how to set up a market-neutral portfolio buying and shorting aviation stocks. From what I've seen, you merely assert, occasionally with a comment like "I use psar", which is frankly comical.

To expand on no. 1:

Don't choose U.S or U.K bonds where rates are likely to stay artificially low for a long time. This coupled with runaway inflation will give you negative rates on your principal, i.e - less money than when you started. There are hard currency bonds, AAA rated, non £/$ denominated which are returning 5% p.a, they're the ones to be in.

Don't you get it? I was showing him that it needn't be a multi-screen, watching-the-market-24-hours-a day-activity. You can achieve the same by letting someone more qualified do the work for you. What do you think funds-of-funds do?

I can't quantify natural talent or someone who has a feel for the market, but when someone posts pretty pictures with a psar on it, chances are they haven't a clue.

There are some methods, which have been around before charts and computers, which statistically stand the test of time - point and figure, floor trader pivots and momentum, for example.

No it's you who doesnt get it. Just read the fookin original post eh? Btw your psar jibe is pathetic..

And as for being a qunt, showing IB how to Hoover up billions, here's the thing, you could tell me your the King of fookin Spain on here and I wouldn't believe you, the only folk I believe on here are those I've then met. Other than that the only time I'd take anything as Gospel posted on t2w is if they revealed their inmate number and said they had recreation time in Broadmoor and decided to 'multi nic off' on the forum..that would fit the profile of some of the 'members'..

Now as for your psar jibe heres a thing, I was on what you might refer to as the trading floor of an fx firm in May, saw a guy 'using' the psar, fascinating how and why he uses it..His charts were much prettier than mine though..and he was using Autobahn..sigh...I can but dream..bit like you really...now jog on the cell door is closing...

Yes, but I can show some evidence of having a clue, fantasist estate agent. In all your 5000-odd posts, written in that god-awful attempt at text-speak you have, the only pretence of ability you show is "Just banked 250 pips - off to manage me businesses".

Yes, but I can show some evidence of having a clue, fantasist estate agent. In all your 5000-odd posts, written in that god-awful attempt at text-speak you have, the only pretence of ability you show is "Just banked 250 pips - off to manage me businesses".

I guess it could be something to do with Swan's style - not to everybody's liking.

Anyway I've seen Black Swan posting few trades live with excellent entries some time ago. Exits were a bit different from mine, but different traders have different styles. I don't know what happened in the meantime - but if there is any under-performance I would say it's only temporary.

PS About PSARs, MACD etc. I would say traders need to spend some time learning how to apply that sort of systems. There are some big traders who just stick to their systems consistently making profits using them without too much worry about bad press.

Tbh I've only just come across you, no idea if anything youve posted up in the past is remotely worth reading, not impressed so far, but hey ho, knock yourself out..:) what brings you here today..do you do a search each day to defend Jesse's honour when you're not saving the world with your funky algos? :LOL:

Who scouse? Nope hes technically fundamental>Aaron mills..

Wasn't technically fundamental banned a long time ago? Scose seems kind of newer, plus he doesn't seem the banning kind really. Pretty inoffensive chap.

You have confirmed my suspicions by replying when you were not directly addressed.

What suspicions? You know I'm as gay as a row of pink tents in Barrymore's garden. What other suspicions do you have? That I'm this kill-motherf***ing-phil guy?

Maybe I am and maybe I'm not (I'm not though). But are you this "technically straight" guy they're talking about?

I think I'll rep that post, you can be funny without the filth..

I'm not going to repeat the comment that came with that rep, but honesty compels me to set aside animosities and admit that it made me laugh out loud. Good stuff (y).

Last edited: