How much capital do you need as a new trader?

Well, If you have tight MM then the more you deposit the more you stay alive in the game. Ultimately very high deposit can theoretically allow you to sustain any drawdowns..

capital is the least of your problems when starting out dudes .......its that road to trading excellence that is the tough one :cool:

write enough off to lose in your initial trading and also spend on training , equipment , systems etc etc ...............before you ramp up for the real push towards consistent profitability

long road but worth it for the people who get there

N

Well, considering that training comes with experience, minimal required equipment is a computer which arhuably everyone has, systems might also be found for a fair price, it does come back to your capital as a problem :)

I started with HF markets with a little less than 200 usd that was a couple of years back, they do not accept us traders, on the other hand i started with 300 with a new broker i trade LMFX worth checking out, they do accept US traders.

300$ is quite such a good deposit for a broker accepeted US traders.

yeah i can say its good.. i mean people usually go for a lot more,, i know, some of the people i spoke to have some crazy figures, at least that much they can affort losing. lol.

Interactive Brokers is a large broker accepted U.S trader and the min deposit could be up to 3k deposit.

There is no restriction of amount to start Forex trading. Everybody can be start minimum $1 and maximum $100 to infinitive. It depends on your mind and financial position.

Im kinda doubtful you could start trading with $1. Do they even allow small sums?

I'd say somewhere between $250,000-$500,000
There is a pretty high chance that you'll blow your first few accounts. If not blow, then bleed to nothing.
Plus you need to live somewhere and eat something while you are learning.

I'd say somewhere between $250,000-$500,000
There is a pretty high chance that you'll blow your first few accounts. If not blow, then bleed to nothing.
Plus you need to live somewhere and eat something while you are learning.

You are right, the money will most likely get blown away. Don't you think, however, that $250,000-$500,000 would be too much of a sum to blow away that easy?

You are right, the money will most likely get blown away. Don't you think, however, that $250,000-$500,000 would be too much of a sum to blow away that easy?

200k out of that would be for living expenses for 5-8years while you are trading/studying
25k studying materials/books/back-testing software/programming courses
then expect to blow at least a couple of 30k accounts

some people claim they started with $500 and then within a year started to make a living trading out of that $500. i've never seen that in person.

200k out of that would be for living expenses for 5-8years while you are trading/studying
25k studying materials/books/back-testing software/programming courses
then expect to blow at least a couple of 30k accounts

some people claim they started with $500 and then within a year started to make a living trading out of that $500. i've never seen that in person.

Oh, that's what you mean, got it. Yes, spending 30k for "inevitable losses" seems more realistic and rational. And agreed, I've never met those from-zero-to-hero traders myself too.

There are many type of accounts offered by different brokers. Actually the amount of money to start trading is completely depends upon the brokers. Different brokers demand different amount of money.

Well, considering a wide array of brokers to choose, their limitations is probably not the case. Well, not in a way OP was asking anyway.

Since many smaller traders are inexperienced in trading forex, they tend to expose their account to significantly higher levels of effective leverage.

Well yes, that's true. But how will you learn that certain levels are too high unless you experience the consequences yourself? :)

I guess small capital can be a good start for new traders, they are also advised to trade demo for at least six months before investing in their live accounts.

There is no difference in how much money you have in the initial deposit. If you know how to trade, then you can earn. If you do not know how to trade, how much money would not have been, still lose everything. When I started to trade on the account, which is now trading I had the initial deposit of $2000

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how much capital do you need as a new trader?👏

Everything above the milk and rent money and the cost of a proctologist visit/treatment is fair game for trading