How much can we reasonably expect to make by trading on Forex?

The funny thing about trading is that we all do it so we can make lots of money, fulfill all our wants and desires. The real truth is that we dont begin to earn money from trading until we put the money aspect aside and accept life without all these desires.

This simple shift in thinking eliminates a lot of deeply embedded emotions that we are not aware of and which contradict the right mindset required to focus on just the process, and not care about the rewards. It is indeed a very difficult thing to do, but a necessity in order to succeed in this environment.

For this reason , the question - How much can we expect to make trading forex , immediately places the minds focus on great wealth that is envisioned by many. It is only natural for one to think about, or have a quiet longing for, the huge amounts on offer, but this sets them on the losing track from the very beginning.

A better approach maybe to understand what can be attained but to decide on a wage amount and HOW that can be achieved. The HOW allows you to remain focused on a process that aims to achieve a set figure that will not waver your emotions and throw you towards indecision as your account balance fluctuates to a higher level on each tick.

Wow! I shall print this, frame it and pin it up next to my computer.

It all seems to come back to money management if you can stay in the game, then you can improve. Over time if you are consistently winning and able to keep trading and compound while maintaining good money management then the world is you oyster.. well at least a little easier to live... or this is my hope:D

Hi everyone. I know that's a very general question to ask but I'm new to this. I want to know how viable trading on Forex is likely to be, assuming I'm reasonably good at it. Thanks!...E

i did not know anything about tradeing 4 months ago i placed my first real trade 6 weeks ago i am now up £1500 i have no probs in making this every 6 weeks:)

i did not know anything about tradeing 4 months ago i placed my first real trade 6 weeks ago i am now up £1500 i have no probs in making this every 6 weeks:)

Your first real trade was 6 weeks ago ! Why do you think you will have "no probs" repeating this success every six weeks?

You're not going to tout a system/sell signals anytime soon are you ?:whistling

Your first real trade was 6 weeks ago ! Why do you think you will have "no probs" repeating this success every six weeks?

haha nah m8. i spent in total 2k on getting some system training/understanding on how to do the trading..... it took me 4months of studying approx 14hrs aday.... im lucky i own my own service business and the company pretty much runs itsself.... giving me the valuable time to get some education/research, by the way i have written off the 2k spent on education material..... if i was not willing to do this then i suppose im 500 from break even anyways i feel im going in the right direction according to the past 6 weeks also i have not calculated the commisions carnt be arsed to be honest all i do know is my account has an extra £1500 in 6 weeks and i can live with that aswell as any money i take from my business .. :cheesy: i promise not sell anything.. i dont know **** about the markets tbh somebody showed me a way trading and i accepted it practiced it and it works.. for now anyways ... and no i aint a agent or aafter commissions im to lazy for things like that..
hope this makes sense i dont type much

"Why do you think you will have "no probs" repeating this success every six weeks?"

i see no reason why i wouldnt i understand what i have to do to remain a winner !

Last edited:

Neil! Such cynicism. Mind, you do have to take into consideration that that 1500 is not as mouthwatering today as it was 10 years ago. To make it in six weeks is not earthshaking, these days. A lousy breadwinner's salary, a busman makes more.

Neil! Such cynicism. Mind, you do have to take into consideration that that 1500 is not as mouthwatering today as it was 10 years ago. To make it in six weeks is not earthshaking, these days. A lousy breadwinner's salary, a busman makes more.

nah you are so wrong £1500 in 6 weeks for a beginner is very good trust me..... im a beginner if it was all about money i could easily add a zero to the figure.

how much can a busman make?

nah you are so wrong £1500 in 6 weeks for a beginner is very good trust me..... im a beginner if it was all about money i could easily add a zero to the figure.

Yes, I must admit that you are right.

ok...... he is wrong and you want everyone to trust you despite being 4 months fresh in trading and 6 weeks in live trading. how can you make such a confident assessment and statement after just a short period?

"trust me..... im a beginner" this was more tongue in cheek ... and for making such a statement after a short period?... that is simple!!! i am young with a **** loads of confidence which means i belive in myself and skill and on top of this (very important) i can afford to lose my account without it affecting my life 1 bit.

now what you should do is get your sh1t str8 and bear this in mind before you reply .... my initial post was to the question -How much can we reasonably expect to make by trading on Forex?
now i do not really no the answer to this but for me as a new starter £1500 every 6 weeks is reasonable however because of my situation and SKILLS .... I WILL DO MORE !!!!!
peace out!!! honey bunny

"trust me..... im a beginner" this was more tongue in cheek ... and for making such a statement after a short period?... that is simple!!! i am young with a **** loads of confidence which means i belive in myself and skill and on top of this (very important) i can afford to lose my account without it affecting my life 1 bit.

now what you should do is get your sh1t str8 and bear this in mind before you reply .... my initial post was to the question -How much can we reasonably expect to make by trading on Forex?
now i do not really no the answer to this but for me as a new starter £1500 every 6 weeks is reasonable however because of my situation and SKILLS .... I WILL DO MORE !!!!!
peace out!!! honey bunny

So you made £1500 in six weeks and now you think you can repeat that every six weeks? Even if you could (and you won't) it's still only McDonalds wages.

.................i am young with a **** loads of confidence which means i belive in myself and skill ........................

:)aye, the car insurance premiums for you youngsters are through the roof for the same reason.

you've just started a long journey and managed to negotiate the first bend at breakneck speed - well done if it's real money (i thought from earlier posts you were on demo) - but don't get carried away or your next report will be from a hospital bed.

when i say young i meant 37 years young... thats young aint it ;-)

i have done fair share of crashing .... btw gold just took me for £144

If you Google "forex kaizen manifesto" the first link that appears will display a document that answers your question comprehensively about losing and making money. It contains answers that, I assure you, you have never seen before.

peace out!!! honey bunny
oh... i most definitely have my sh1t straight, not sure about yours though...

peace out choco milkshake peanut butter jelly