How many screens do you use to trade with?

How many screens do you use to trade with?

Votes: 73 34.8%

Votes: 62 29.5%

Votes: 40 19.0%

Votes: 19 9.0%

Votes: 10 4.8%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • More (Really?!.. Please specify in thread!)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I currently use 3 monitors, 2, 19' CRT's and a 17' TFT, i use 1 monitor for IB and 1 chart on each of the 2 other monitors, i find the setup works well for me as you can see all 3 monitors clearly and without have to constantly twist your head around.

Regards Mark

two 21 inch hi res monitors running at 1600 X 1200 res will cover large area....takes up less space...

laptop with 15.1 inch SXGA Dell running at high res..

Similar set up to zenda, CMS (demo) running on one monitor 20" crt 1280 by 1024 res. By the way if you do choose to purchase a large 20/21" crt, make sure you have someone to help you lift it the damn things weigh a ton!!

Attachments

• cms.bmp
    2.8 MB · Views: 336
Am I on Broadband ?? No but in ""March" I will be - At last - Trading currencies - even at 56K - not much of a problem - Stops and Limits always in place

I use two 19" CRTS and a 17" LapTop. Seems your need expands each time you add a screen. Before I bought the LapTop, two screens were fine.

Now if I don't fire up the portable, it seems I don't have enough real estate or processor power. ;)

was over at liffe for a training course recently and saw the biggest stacked flat screen setup ever! 5 x 5 ..yes 25 screens with one women on the desk! Although I should point out that this was the control room - but still think they got a bit carried away ..

3 linked through a Parhelia Matrox Card. The screens are on a rack to bring them closer to eye level.

Phil

Agree with your viewpoint re the high res zambuck. I prefer to have a lot of information on one screen and then the trading platform and lots of other details on another. I use lots of numbers on one screen rather than charts.. I have tick charts of FTSE, DAX, Dow and S&P visible as well though.
I tried more screens but found you just can't watch them all properly or easily without neckache, prefer to have lots of windows available on the main one in front of me... easy to flick between them

who's up for a bet...that we see fib numbers on the vote count?

LOL

Monitor

For anyone who lives in Glasgow, Infitini computers on Cook Street do a lovely generic 17" flatscreen for £105. £95each if you buy 2 and ask nicely!

v.

I use two screens for trading. One I call Spot On and the other Early Bird.

JonnyT