How long does it take to become a successful consistant day trader?

I think that B stands for But (spelling?) and you can put TF back to what you originally thought Salty

Salty Gibbon, Kiwi,

Don't goad me and I won't goad you - you know exactly what I am talking about.

BBB reply to Socrates was the best I've ever read, do a search for Duncan Robertson chief Wizard and you'll know what I mean. Unfortunately for us all BBB is banned, he really was a good poster.

Maybe Socrates knows what he's talking about, maybe he doesn't. Unfortunately for him, he cannot influence my failure or success whatsoever, and there's nothing that he has really taught me looking at his threads that I couldn't have taught myself. Livermore once said that listening to other people was always bad, no matter how well their intentions were.

Let me finished with a happy story, happy because it happened to my friend, and happy because it shows to you all that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a friend, he's has lower intelligence than other people, but he has this disciplined demeanour, happy go lucky attitude and a generally nice guy all round. Unfortunately he wasn't going anywhere in life, having no particular talent in anything. Basically he was unemployed for over 3 years before he got and job and even then it was minimal wage. During this time I tried to get him into horse racing and we went through a series of spectacular failures. One time he was unemployed he made £2000 in one month and then lost it all in a few days (you could say that the luck turned against him). And this kept on happening again and again. Until something happened. Betfair came along. He managed to get it to work, but it took time and a deep understanding and experience in horse racing. Whenever I'm in the room betting along with him he would just mess up. Also in the early days he would make about £1800 in a week and lose it all again in a few days. Over time he learned to stabalise himself, get rid of his wild streak and take what he could. It all worked in the end because he wanted it to work.

The upshot of all this is that I'll get to train under him as an apprentice, but that's the funny thing. He says he can't really teach me anything. I have to make the mistakes, I have to go through the pain, I have to go through the success. I's have to do it MY way, on my terms and accept the winners and losers with no one to blame except myself. It ain't easy, it's bloody hard work.

I love what Trader333 said about tipsters, courses and software: If these things were that easy to generate money everyone would be doing it, the reason they're not is because it's not easy

It takes 4-5 years (one stock market cycle) of at least 20 hours a week to become a so-called semi-pro stock trader – quote from the book "The small stock trader"

I recently took a course called the "Bulls Boot Camp" in my efforts to learn and develop as a trader. Wicked course, learned tons of stuff about how the markets truly work and what makes them tick. Showed me tons of the missing pieces in my trading that i might not have ever realized if not for the camp. I'm a much better trader now. Learned more then what took me 2 years to find out on my own through forums/books etc in a 1 month course lol.. talk about saving time. :smart:
I'd recommend it to anyone who is serious about becoming a pro trader!

I recently took a course called the "Bulls Boot Camp" in my efforts to learn and develop as a trader. Wicked course, learned tons of stuff about how the markets truly work and what makes them tick. Showed me tons of the missing pieces in my trading that i might not have ever realized if not for the camp. I'm a much better trader now. Learned more then what took me 2 years to find out on my own through forums/books etc in a 1 month course lol.. talk about saving time. :smart:
I'd recommend it to anyone who is serious about becoming a pro trader!

Wow, that almost sounds like a commercial.:)