How is your trading edge derived?

How is your Trading Edge derived ?

• Fundamental Analysis (with entry technically timed via chart/basic [+] TA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Fundamental Analysis

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Tech Analysis mainly PA based

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Tech Analysis mainly PA and Supp/Res

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Tech Analysis mainly Tech Indicator based

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Tech Analysis - combination of any of above

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • DOM/Price Ladder/Level 2 etc

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

bbmac

Veteren member
I am interested in see-ing how members of this forum who consider themselves to have a profitable trading edge, have derived it..ie what type of analysis/combinations of analysis underpins their trading edge.

Please only vote in the poll if you posess what you consider to be a profitable trading edge.

Thanks.

G/L

representative ?

Of 123 views of this thread, correct at time of writing, 13 have a profitable trading edge (10.56%) and of those 8 (61%) derive it from TA, and 5 (38%) from PA and S/R analysis.

Small sample I know, but I wonder how representative it is ?

G/L

WHilst paper trading my system worked quite well. It was only when I applied it to live trading that I realised it was a different system altogether. I couldnt quite work out why it had changed, profitable one minut then loser the next.

This is when it truly evolved and i got rid of the indicators.

Not 100% there yet, but making steady progress enough to start full time and withdrawing an income.

I'd say my edges are 2 totally different types of trading....

1: Bank shares, on price action and fundamentals but i have a great win ratio with this
Although now im more familiar with chart reading i do have a look anyway at them.

2: Scalping, on very short time frames waiting for what i think is about to be a change in direction

So, now of the 23 votes in the Poll 18 of those 23 say TA is how they derive their profitable trading edge - that is 78.3%, and only 2 from FA - just 8.7%. Price Ladder/DOM/Order flow accounts for 4 of the 23 (17.4%) Intersting ! Reflective ?

G/L

I didnt vote, but I couldnt do what I do without some sort of anlysis of price. I suppose you could call it technical analysis, but its more statistically based.

Others- specify:
Money and position management, understanding the market you are trading, ignoring emotional influences, ability to be decisive and execute without hesitation, having no ego.
There are probably others, but those are the main ones which make the difference between having the right tools to be consistently profitable and actually being so.
Richard

The people who vote ‘other’ without specifying have the real edge.:)

I sense a 'Judean People's Front' or 'People's Front of Judea' type argument starting soon.

I am interested in see-ing how members of this forum who consider themselves to have a profitable trading edge, have derived it..ie what type of analysis/combinations of analysis underpins their trading edge.

Please only vote in the poll if you posess what you consider to be a profitable trading edge.

Thanks.

G/L

SR 'n' PA.