How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks

:cool:..................I would advise you against changing sizes.

Keep It Simple, Keep It Stupid.

Varying the size of your trades is like using gears on a bike. You adjust it to the lay of the land - probability of the trade. Elementary stuff.

That said I finished the month on a mere £2500.00! The month previous was £3700. My initial grub stake being £1,000.00 but Easter week and this week was horrendous. Total draw-down's of £13,000.00! ( Total not in one day! ;) but near enough). Looking for a less volatile month in April. :rolleyes:

Varying the size of your trades is like using gears on a bike. You adjust it to the lay of the land - probability of the trade. Elementary stuff.

That said I finished the month on a mere £2500.00! The month previous was £3700. My initial grub stake being £1,000.00 but Easter week and this week was horrendous. Total draw-down's of £13,000.00! ( Total not in one day! ;) but near enough). Looking for a less volatile month in April. :rolleyes:

So, this is probably a silly question but how is it going :cry:

Cheers, that is my intention. However I believe to get a better shot at it one needs to be better capitalised. I am now working to build up my "Grub stake" to be minimum of £10,000 this should yield me around £500.00 per day.

As mentioned the trick is to earn enough per day to entice you to stop and say:

"£500.00 per day for 3 months is not bad, before upping it to £1,000. "

How has it been going .Please update.:)

This thread is a rivetting read!

Aston you are a brave fellow whose feats I hope not to emulate.

But how's it going, for goodness' sake?

I would agree. I actually turned 10k into £20k in 6 weeks with a strict set of rules and my strategy, until I got emotional and complacent and lost the lot. Very painful.

In my opinion the stake size can be high as long as you have a target and get out after that. Where you lose it is when you think you're all that and start spending your unrealised gains and your future gains! Greed and lack of respect for the big boys that are running the show.

You can take your fair share but that's all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In my opinion the stake size can be high as long as you have a target and get out after that.

After a few more price spikes, perhaps you will change your mind.

In any case, trading small allows your reserves to get into more opportunities. So there's more profit when trading small.

Going big is more gambling than trading. It may work temporarily. But it will be lost in the end.

Btw my strategy was simple. Wait, wait, wait for price to reach a strong support / resistance and wait some more for a telling pull back, then go in big for a retrace of 20 points

After a few more price spikes, perhaps you will change your mind.

In any case, trading small allows your reserves to get into more opportunities. So there's more profit when trading small.

Going big is more gambling than trading. It may work temporarily. But it will be lost in the end.
I'm with you. Im only saying there is a time and a place where going higher risk is more acceptable.

All the threads I've seen so far claiming such high returns failed miserably. You can't expect the high reward without the high risk - as simple as that

All the threads I've seen so far claiming such high returns failed miserably. You can't expect the high reward without the high risk - as simple as that

mt5 is a great signal service , signal providers don't hack into mt4 and produce great returns , until they open live accounts with metatrader bucketshops.The signal is as good as the Barjon candle.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 230
  • bling.jpg
    bling.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 236
The reason for the break was because I had spent last Spring. Summer and Autumn in Europe. Missed the Referendum .Generally I have been doing other things and discuss trading and investments on my Blog. There is a lot of negativity within these forums which puts me off frequenting here.

I visit elite trader more , when I do trade and post my activity it's now on my own Blog that way I control who appears on it. I have been trading around the Gap ( On the DAX) created from the French Presidential Elections which has paid off, I was short 2 Lots from the peak till the close of the Gap. I cannot trade at the moment as I have other commitments.

Last edited:
Hi Foroom lluzers,

Last year I had taught a few newbies how to go about trading, which was a joy.

But at the moment I am just abit overwhelmed in a new role . I am not allowed to trade in my new role ( conflicts of interest and all that) so a bit peeved at looking at good opportunities and letting them slide. Did do a cheeky trade ( DAX ) last week, but few and far between.

Watch this space for an update.

For those who did follow this little post I hope you enjoyed it. I did find a lot of the comments quite encouraging and supportive which is what the trading community should all be about.

I find it surprising you'd let conflict of interest stop you making millions. If I were in that situation, I'd tell people conflicting with my interest to sod off.

1. Trade what you see! I can't time the markets
2. Trade on probabilities! i am human with emotions
3. Accept the Risk! nobody likes to lose

Can you define a method?