How I made 15,000% back in 2015 (with hard proof)

AriaS

Hi everyone,

I had never told this to anyone, besides family and close friends, because people would have laughed and never believed. But now, after so much time has passed, I thought I'd tell you all. This story shows that anything is possible if we want and work hard enough.

Back in 2015 - 2016 I traded the economic announcements (a.k.a the news) and made thousands percents. I had several accounts, but here I will show you the "craziest" one, that started from $30 and grew to $4,578.

Statement - images 1-9
Statement - images 10-18

***Disclaimer: I don't trade with that broker anymore. I don't promote or recommend any broker or service***

Look at the statement and you will see that I started from $30 and came to Closed Trade P/L: 4,578.21 (image #18). Technically this makes +15,160%. There were many withdrawals and deposits on the account, but you calculate that the deposits had never exceeded the withdrawals by more than the initial $30.
The largest profitable trade on that account was $770. It was was held 65 seconds. On image 13.

Some clarification about the statement:

1.All the microlot trades that you can see in between the larger trades (after they start) were not a part of the strategy. Those were execution tests, to make sure there was no abnormal delay, which could happen at times.
2. Let's see if anyone can guess why I made all the frequent withdrawals and deposits.
3. This was officially a fixed spread account, but during the news it didn't actually act like one. The real market conditions were expressed in adequate amounts of slippage. Otherwise news trading would obviously not be allowed on this account.

That's all. Hope this will inspire someone! ;)

P.S. News trading stopped being profitable in the middle of 2016, following the Brexit. Most the related forums and services were closed.

If you want to learn how to trade consistently, and not that type of gamble/news one-off scenario, go through the free course on babypips.

If you want to learn how to trade consistently, and not that type of gamble/news one-off scenario, go through the free course on babypips.
This used to be the farthest possible from gambling. You could see it, if you took a look at the statement. But as I said, this doesn't work anymore. Babypips will not teach anyone how to trade. It only teaches the basics of Forex trading. Like a help to dive into this world, but still not being able to swim. It's great for beginners, as long as they don't think they will start making money after finishing the school of pipsology. They won't. There's only one way to learn how to trade - learn from the top traders who can show a hard proven track record.

I lea
This used to be the farthest possible from gambling. You could see it, if you took a look at the statement. But as I said, this doesn't work anymore. Babypips will not teach anyone how to trade. It only teaches the basics of Forex trading. Like a help to dive into this world, but still not being able to swim. It's great for beginners, as long as they don't think they will start making money after finishing the school of pipsology. They won't. There's only one way to learn how to trade - learn from the top traders who can show a hard proven track record.
I learned a little of the basics from a guy I worked with, but at that point I was already really knowledgeable about stocks , and dividend investing.

He would trade in between jobs/meetings, and used to co-own a mobile auto repair van, so it was a good way to make extra cash while he was on call.

I had some good luck, ended up being up $12k in my first few months, pulled out all but $2k or so to trade with, and have been trading off profit base ever since.

I did meet a retired VP of a trading firm here in Jacksonville, FL about two years after I started trading forex, ironically while I was picking up doughnuts and coffee for people at work. I recognized what he was doing and struck up a conversation.
Showed him my trading on Oanda off my phone, he liked that I was self taught. I learned some things from him, mainly about how to trade in sideways trending markets and low volume, and better bankroll management to cover off days/weeks/months, and things he did to get over bad trades.

I think the craziest thing he showed me was good I apparently am at determining bottoms, consolidation, and reversals, it just "clicks", and reading the charts even naked with no indicators at all leads me to a provable statistical edge.

He had been trading since the 70's and said he could count on his hands the number of people who could do what I do from day 1.

So stick with it, everyone has their own edge. Protect yourself from what you can control, and manage your risk.

Happy trading

I lea

I learned a little of the basics from a guy I worked with, but at that point I was already really knowledgeable about stocks , and dividend investing.

He would trade in between jobs/meetings, and used to co-own a mobile auto repair van, so it was a good way to make extra cash while he was on call.

I had some good luck, ended up being up $12k in my first few months, pulled out all but $2k or so to trade with, and have been trading off profit base ever since.

I did meet a retired VP of a trading firm here in Jacksonville, FL about two years after I started trading forex, ironically while I was picking up doughnuts and coffee for people at work. I recognized what he was doing and struck up a conversation.
Showed him my trading on Oanda off my phone, he liked that I was self taught. I learned some things from him, mainly about how to trade in sideways trending markets and low volume, and better bankroll management to cover off days/weeks/months, and things he did to get over bad trades.

I think the craziest thing he showed me was good I apparently am at determining bottoms, consolidation, and reversals, it just "clicks", and reading the charts even naked with no indicators at all leads me to a provable statistical edge.

He had been trading since the 70's and said he could count on his hands the number of people who could do what I do from day 1.

So stick with it, everyone has their own edge. Protect yourself from what you can control, and manage your risk.

Happy trading
I hope that my last sentence didn't make an impression that for learning from the best, they have to actually frontally teach anyone ;)