How good are you at trading - just be honest

Ezra_C

12 1
Trading takes a lot more than It gives and in extreme cases it can be truly horrid.

:)
This is a very interesting point but I don't really see how "it takes more than it gives"? Could you please explain it a bit more?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,203 1,269
I used to sit in front of the PC and draw lines on the charts for hours on end.
My results even after years of practice were not impressive. So I decided another approach was needed.
Knowing quite a lot about what was needed and what worked I sat down and wrote out the main points that needed consideration.
This I got coded up on MT4. Not very expensive. It took 2 false starts and coded up programmes to refine my ideas.
The third attempt appears to be successful but it is early days. I check it every couple of hours or so but no screen watching.
It has started well and made 6% in first 2 days. Not bad even if I say it myself.
Plenty of time for gardening etc.

:smart:

NVP

Legendary member
36,148 1,760
agreed many people forget about time spent on projects.....it all costs based on the opportunity cost of using that time better elsewhere .....

NVP

Legendary member
36,148 1,760
success at anything is based on cumulative input of effort , time , resources , focus that you put in

trading is no exception ......no short cuts

progix

207 2
Indeed you are cent percent right, success does not come over the night it requires a lot of hard work, dedication and passion to succeed.

Windlesham1

413 20
I have a precise timeframe, entry and exit points, rinse and repeat- works 100% of the time. Do I take the trades? Of course not- I dick around with everything else and then realise I'd forgotten my 'banker'

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
36,148 1,760
I have a precise timeframe, entry and exit points, rinse and repeat- works 100% of the time. Do I take the trades? Of course not- I dick around with everything else and then realise I'd forgotten my 'banker'
banker signals are most welcome but unfortunately are not frequent enough to be used in isolation .......therefore secondary signals that are still profitable are thrown into the mix to beef up the returns....

my own focus is forex continuation plays .......but i have variations i realise will normally not be as good as others......but still ok.......so,they get played if the better ones are absent in à session

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,148 1,760
I used to sit in front of the PC and draw lines on the charts for hours on end.
My results even after years of practice were not impressive. So I decided another approach was needed.
Knowing quite a lot about what was needed and what worked I sat down and wrote out the main points that needed consideration.
This I got coded up on MT4. Not very expensive. It took 2 false starts and coded up programmes to refine my ideas.
The third attempt appears to be successful but it is early days. I check it every couple of hours or so but no screen watching.
It has started well and made 6% in first 2 days. Not bad even if I say it myself.
Plenty of time for gardening etc.

:smart:

that’s a great start.......good luck