How do you relax, when you don't trade?

Mogol

Hey all,

Just wondering how traders relax when markets are closed.
Personally, whether it is good or bad trading day, I can't switch off my head and be a normal person. Instead I am just literally counting seconds and waiting for the next trading session. I can't sleep well because of it. I am constantly thinking:idea::idea: about markets and how to improve, what is happening with this and that market etc:eek: which is counter productive.

Sometimes I do punchbag for over an hour, but I need to try something else.

Does any of ye play video games? (like CS) is it a good way to shut my brain off from markets.

thanks in advance

I read, I watch movies, I try to take long walks because I dislike being couped up inside all the time.

I play video games when I need to unwind and focus my mind on something other than trading. Although I prefer Mass Effect and Dark Souls to CS. I also read quite a lot.

Get a bike and put in ten miles. Especially before reviewing the session. The oxygenation will clear your head and enable you to get much more out of your work, enough to last after you're done and getting ready for the rest of your day/evening.

Db

Hey all,

Personally, whether it is good or bad trading day, I can't switch off my head and be a normal person. Instead I am just literally counting seconds and waiting for the next trading session. I can't sleep well because of it. I am constantly thinking:idea::idea: about markets and how to improve, what is happening with this and that market etc:eek: which is counter productive.

Does any of ye play video games? (like CS) is it a good way to shut my brain off from markets.

thanks in advance

Are you making money?
If not you may have an addictive nature.A balance is good but to focus soley on the markets is a waste of a life imho.

I go for a run (when it's not raining!). Fresh air helps to clear my head and obtain better results when trading.

Hey all,

thanks in advance

I strongly advise being relaxed when the markets are open.

Who gives a fiddlers b@ll@x what the market is doing outside the session or if the markets are closed.

Sorry Pip, that wasn't aimed at you old chap

hah i was thinking that, thx for clearing that up :)

btw, i'm taller than i look but not tall

btw, i watched bridge over river kwai again, you english chaps are a strange lot :D