How do you recover from a £25,000 loss....

Don't bite??????????:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: You sent me a hate filled PM after I exposed your miserable failings as a trader /person.
:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:eek::eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Post the PM, 4 D LULZ! Let's see what's been said, then we can judge (and have a good laugh).

It seem to me more like prices move for profit motives. This is why most people lose because they are the victims of such motives.

Yes, profit is the objective when seeking advantage from price movements. Those who lose at the game aren't victims of anything except maybe their own greed exceeding their own fear.

Post the PM, 4 D LULZ! Let's see what's been said, then we can judge (and have a good laugh).
I have been threatened with a ban from here for posting profanity. This is not the house of commons after all.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I have replied in the same vein, publically on this forum.
Mf is an appendage hoover, he will continue to be one in his attitude to trading unless he learns to (in no particular order.
Manage his risk
Manage hiis trades
Manage his wife.
Manage his life.
Manage his broker.
If ser (3),(5) are treated the same way BITCH, then he will be at the start of a road to success. Without it he will have to pay for an appendage hoover for the rest of his natural life.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::love::love::love::love::love::idea::idea::idea:

This should be fun...

You are correct DT.

Very well Joe, here is my statement, as requested.

I do solemnly swear that this statement be an exact rendition of the facts.

At around midnight last night I was walking home after an entertaining evening at the opera. Unfortunately, my way took me through the seedy part of town. Passing by a particularly low alley of exceedingly vile aspect, I chanced to glance down this revolting thoroughfare of vice.

I heartily wished I had never done such a thing. For my gaze was greeted by the site of Beginner Joe, stark naked on his knees and clearly very exited as was to be seen from his state of tumescence (the protuberance itself was small, but nonetheless obviously at its fullest stretch).

In front of him stood two gentlemen of butch and hirsute appearance, bedecked in what I can only describe as bizarre homosexual parodies of motorcycle outfits consisting of hat, sunglasses, biker jacket, latex vest and thong, biker boots and the whole completed with a$$-less leather chaps.

As I watched with a sense of not only fascination, but also mounting horror and revulsion, they proceeded to slip their latex thongs to one size to reveal tumescent protuberances similar to Joe's, although very much larger. They then presented these to Joe, who greeted them as a starving man would address the beef trolley at Simpson's in the Strand. It was plain to me that Joe was an enthusiast of meat on the bone.

When Joe had finished performing the dual function of extraction device and receptacle, the bikers tossed him a few coins (although he did not appear to be soliciting payment, having performed the work with such vigour and relish that it appeared to be almost a vocation for him). He then hurried from the alley looking well-pleased with himself, if a little sheepish.

This is a genuine statement and has not been photoshopped.

Last edited:
I will repeat one more time.

Luck was not the reason the 400% was made.

The 400% was made because there were no stop losses.

The 400% was lost because there were no stop losses.

See Howard Cohodas/Spanish89 and a long, long, long list of other 'traders' who kept betting against zero on the roulette wheel with the obvious long-term consequences.

This is true. We have no idea of the drawdown he may have had before trying to make it to 25k. I still think he has to be lucky to get to 400% without blowing his account.

It seem to me more like prices move for profit motives. This is why most people lose because they are the victims of such motives.

This is not true, there are many more motives in the market than pure profit based ones. Yes supply/demand is a factor, and this must be understood.

If profit was the only concern, then what would be the purpose of a stop hunt in a long only market/stock. In this case there would be no sellers probing lows for profit would there? So why the need to try to kick the likes of you and I out of a position?

Unless one can comprehend the motives, then they will always be vulnerable to being victims of the motive in place. Always wise to have stops, but they dont have to be physical. Best not to play into the hands of those whom have a motive in the first place. But of course knowing that you are playing into the hands of those with a motive is the key to avoid being whipped like a bad puppy for participating when you should not be.:devilish:

If profit was the only concern, then what would be the purpose of a stop hunt in a long only market/stock. In this case there would be no sellers probing lows for profit would there? So why the need to try to kick the likes of you and I out of a position?

Every time they knock your stop out it means profit to them.

Yes, you are being watched. All asses hung out in the open are watched with great interest. The only defense you have is not to hang yourself out for a rape. Firstly you don't attract attention. Secondly they don't know for sure at what point you would fold. They have to work harder that way. Nevertheless, they know your position at all times. So they can pile on the pressure to see if they flush you out.

Do you see any difference in results for singular or collective third party traders for them to either run stops under your entry or to run a load of pending orders above?

Last edited:
Who is this "they" you are referring to and what direct knowledge do you have of "their" actions?

There are positions all over the place, there are ALWAYS stops above and below. Some get hit and some don't.

The fact is that at certain points in time, it becomes obvious that pools of liquidity are being created. Pools of liquidity do not exist at lines of support & resistance, they hang in places where no method of textbook TA would give you an entry point. It takes a little lateral thinking to understand why pools of liquidity are created below and why they are created above.

When you understand where people got in and you understand what makes people puke and their general tolerance for pain, then you know where the liquidity pools are. The markets often move towards the liquidity. If there is an area below where lots of longs will simultaneously puke (by selling), then what this means is that there is an area where a buyer can buy contracts at a lower price.

What better for someone that wants to make money going long than cheap contracts? In fact - if there are sellers below - why on earth buy at higher prices right now? Not only does that liquidity attract buyers at the lower prices, it puts them off at the higher prices. So - if I know liquidity is there at 1124.75 and we are now at 1129.50 - I may just hold off buying for now with the aim of getting in around 1124.75. Would you buy a car for $20k today if you knew there was a 50/50 chance you could buy it for $15k tomorrow?

Now - if you know where the liquidity is below and you know that area is an attractive area for people to buy, you don't need a lot of lateral thinking to understand what will follow the probe into the liquidity area.

This is what is happening here, it's not a guy with a supercomputer who knows where every trader is, it's just that people behave in a certain way and it creates liquidity which is probed and then reverses.

I love this description of a pull back, very smooth.

Would you complete the picture by painting the other side; the pullback that went too far and became a breakout to the other side.
Considering your grasp of the market and ability to verbalise, I think it would make interesting reading for many.

Sadly a trader needs to go through this process of blowin up an account a couple times to really learn the power and value of risk management. I doubt there is anyone out there who is now churning a profit that hasn't sung this sad tune before. Pick yourself up and try not to do it again but realize it is part of the process. Once you never do this again then you are a real trader.

Or you could quit and go get a job with a guaranteed income. Don't be a bird in a cage though

I disagree, not all.
I have a mate that is just so risk adverse that he will only ever trade at 0.5% and only after months of back testing and months of forward testing. He has never blown up. I think he was born to trade.

Every time they knock your stop out it means profit to them.

If its a long only instrument; how? For example a banking stock, where there are no short sellers.

Who is making a profit from this transaction (ie. your stop getting hit)? and how?

Who is "they"?

If you can identify who "they" are, is it not best to stay away until "they" have done what "they" have to do? Then we can participate without having to worry about the stop hunts, and conspiracy theories etc.:mad:

Some very interesting comments in the last few pages.