how do you delete Norton from your registry editor

breadman

Established member
Hello All,

I am trying to delete Norton from my computer. I went to start control panel add remove programs and deleted it from their but it is still in my Registry Editor how do I delete it from their.

Thanks,

Breadman

rossored said:
I've had this problem a few times. Symantec actually do some tools to remove it manually if it doesn't show up in Add/Remove programs, and I've found it pretty much rips everything out that it should do.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Matt,

Thanks for that, I'm afraid even that did not work or maybe it did and I have some other problem which I am not aware of yet. Anyway I installed Antivir and I also have Adware.Will this do just as good a job as Norton or McAfee. Does Antivir work in the same way, where by you get automatic downloads that keep you upto date.

Thanks,

Breadman

breadman said:
Matt,

Thanks for that, I'm afraid even that did not work or maybe it did and I have some other problem which I am not aware of yet. Anyway I installed Antivir and I also have Adware.Will this do just as good a job as Norton or McAfee. Does Antivir work in the same way, where by you get automatic downloads that keep you upto date.

Thanks,

Breadman

Yeah, AntiVir is one of the decent free AV packages around. I don't use it myself, but know of plenty of people who do. Not sure if it auto updates (I think it does) or if you have to do it manually.

I'd have something else in addition to AdAware - probably Spybot S&D and Winpatrol. Other than that, as long as you're firewalled somehow, you should be good to go.