How advanced is the functionality of the data feed in Esignal?

UniversalGoldmine

I have twice been in the live chatting with Esignal regarding my questions below and haven’t succeeded so far to get any correct answer. Latest today I was handed over to the technical support as no one could answer the first question. At my second question I waited for 2 minutes only to be shut down and got of the chatting. This happened twice. If it was their connection, incompetence, me not formulating my questions as below clear enough, the person not liking my questions, I don’t know?

As I have seen many people with good knowledge on this forum I was hoping some of you could come with some valuable information regarding my questions. PLEASE, do also note that I am open to suggestions and to any other solution you might be able to bring and this in or outside of Esignal. Any valuable information will be very much appreciated.

I attend to use InterActive as my Trading Platform from where I will have automatic executions through my own developed software program. Unfortunately they do not easily accept data feed to request through their API that can match 5000 symbols or more.

Question 1
I use my own developed software to receive data feed. When subscribing with the exchanges you offer I would like to know how many symbols of data feed there is possible to request simultaneously through your desktop API. As I handle a lot of symbols during my trading (5000 symbols or more) this is important for my decision. I would like to know if you have any limits for this function.

Question 2
I am also thinking of your service on Tick & Intraday data including the historical data ( Found on following link: http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features_exp.aspx?name=History ) My question is, do those historical databases for each market update every new tick as it comes from the data feed you have on the Exchanges?
The reason I ask this is because If my software of any reason would stop receiving the direct data feed (from the chosen exchanges I use).a solution would be needed through the Desktop API to request historical data for the missing period to cover the lost data that has been missing.

Question 3
Do you limit the number of symbols OR amount of data in the historical database that is aloud to download through the Desktop API? (I am aware of that it can take long time to receive bigger amounts of data).

Question 3
Does the historical intraday database cover intraday data from all the exchanges that you offer data direct feed from at the Exchange Fee Pricing lists for Europe region, ASIA region, USA , or is it only on selective markets/exchanges?

Question 4
If I subscribe and pay for example 90$ as a pro to access the data feed for London Stock Exchange: UK Equity Market Service Level I (PRO), can I then legally offer my clients my software trading program (as a registrated business) and include the data feed of the London Stock Exchange: UK Equity Market Service Level I? I would in this case receive the data through Esignal in to my software and then as second stage deliver it out to my customers available for my customers to be used in the software I have developed.

Question 5
Does the data from Esignal come directly from each individual exchange through Esignal or how does this work?

Christian

Rather than live chatting - pick up the phone !

I've used eSignal for a couple of years and whenever I've called them, they have been brilliant.

On the one occassion I used the live chat, I didn't get very far either. These are probably the sales guys on commission ...

Call customer service - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Rather than live chatting - pick up the phone !

I've used eSignal for a couple of years and whenever I've called them, they have been brilliant.

On the one occassion I used the live chat, I didn't get very far either. These are probably the sales guys on commission ...

Call customer service - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ok, that is pleasant to hear. Well, I will keep positive and try the phone service support.

Still interesting to receive some comments though from someone’s with experience.

Christian

If you want a lot of symbols for US markets, you should have a look at DTN NxCore. You can get the whole market. I doubt if you will get that from eSignal. NxCore is basically institutional quality at less than institutional prices.

At the cheaper end of things, DTN IQFeed is cheaper than eSignal and gives 500 symbols in base subscription which is more than eSignal. I have found IQFeed to be very reliable. The IQFeed API is easy to use.

I have never called DTN customer support - because I have had no problems.

Pretty sure the answer to question 2 is yes, tho you obviously have to re-request data from the historical db and that the answer to question 4 is no you can't on-sell exchange data.

Pretty sure the answer to question 2 is yes, tho you obviously have to re-request data from the historical db and that the answer to question 4 is no you can't on-sell exchange data.

If I sell my software program and include the data feed as a free service I assume this would still be considering the illegal way of running this kind of business as well??

Christian

Think it thru, I buy Eurex data off ESeignal for $100 pcm (whatever) & then resell it to x number of people . . .
Deffo gonna be covered in the small print.

I have twice been in the live chatting with Esignal regarding my questions below and haven’t succeeded so far to get any correct answer. Latest today I was handed over to the technical support as no one could answer the first question. At my second question I waited for 2 minutes only to be shut down and got of the chatting. This happened twice. If it was their connection, incompetence, me not formulating my questions as below clear enough, the person not liking my questions, I don’t know?

As I have seen many people with good knowledge on this forum I was hoping some of you could come with some valuable information regarding my questions. PLEASE, do also note that I am open to suggestions and to any other solution you might be able to bring and this in or outside of Esignal. Any valuable information will be very much appreciated.

I attend to use InterActive as my Trading Platform from where I will have automatic executions through my own developed software program. Unfortunately they do not easily accept data feed to request through their API that can match 5000 symbols or more.

Question 1
I use my own developed software to receive data feed. When subscribing with the exchanges you offer I would like to know how many symbols of data feed there is possible to request simultaneously through your desktop API. As I handle a lot of symbols during my trading (5000 symbols or more) this is important for my decision. I would like to know if you have any limits for this function.

Question 2
I am also thinking of your service on Tick & Intraday data including the historical data ( Found on following link: http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features_exp.aspx?name=History ) My question is, do those historical databases for each market update every new tick as it comes from the data feed you have on the Exchanges?
The reason I ask this is because If my software of any reason would stop receiving the direct data feed (from the chosen exchanges I use).a solution would be needed through the Desktop API to request historical data for the missing period to cover the lost data that has been missing.

Question 3
Do you limit the number of symbols OR amount of data in the historical database that is aloud to download through the Desktop API? (I am aware of that it can take long time to receive bigger amounts of data).

Question 3
Does the historical intraday database cover intraday data from all the exchanges that you offer data direct feed from at the Exchange Fee Pricing lists for Europe region, ASIA region, USA , or is it only on selective markets/exchanges?

Question 4
If I subscribe and pay for example 90$ as a pro to access the data feed for London Stock Exchange: UK Equity Market Service Level I (PRO), can I then legally offer my clients my software trading program (as a registrated business) and include the data feed of the London Stock Exchange: UK Equity Market Service Level I? I would in this case receive the data through Esignal in to my software and then as second stage deliver it out to my customers available for my customers to be used in the software I have developed.

Question 5
Does the data from Esignal come directly from each individual exchange through Esignal or how does this work?

Christian

Hello,

To get help with API's and other development issues, best place to start is review this page and then submit the contact form.

http://www.esignal.com/solutions/development_tools.aspx

You'll then be contacted by the best appropriate resource from one of our regional offices. Our support teams can help with any product related question but we have special groups that support our API's. Sorry about the mix-up when trying to chat with us.

Thanks.