Historical RSI Data

Brennen81

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where one could acquire daily historical RSI value data for equities or ETFs? I found Ycharts but it costs $100 and I only want the SPY, for now. Here is the link to the data https://ycharts.com/companies/SPY/rsi_1

Any help is really greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Just in case you don't know this. You can use a spreadsheet to calculate your own historical RSI values from free historical data.

I found this video which helped.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious! Sometimes we just need to be reminded that not everything is just one click away. Some work or research is all you need.

I managed to get the file to work. What is interesting is that the formulas are different between trading geeks and the video I found. Then, of course, the RSI values are completely different with the same data.....

I managed to get the file to work. What is interesting is that the formulas are different between trading geeks and the video I found. Then, of course, the RSI values are completely different with the same data.....

Yes, I see that they are different. A comment from the video speaks to that as well. I believe they suggest the video's formula is the same as is used by Wilder.

The Geeks' is traditional, I believe.

Maybe you could test/try them both to see which is best (for you).

Can I ask - that you found special in this indicator? Asking about this because this indicator actually not effective.