High Frequency Trading

seems no one put an interest upon it.
try too lurk into many online forum but not much i can get, only several general article with general information :(
"In 2002, 85% of all stock market trading happened on the New York Stock Exchange and some human being processed every order.[77] The New York Times estimates that 50 percent to 70 percent of all trading in 2014 is done by “traders” who live in server parks by computers that run on Algorithm that executes trades in a fraction of the time that it takes to blink "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-frequency_trading
shorted from wikipedia :)
hope it would attract some other member to post :)

Read Flashboys by Michael Lewis.
Easy and cheap to download onto a smartphone.

Mr C - here's a question: for some whose technique involves (if I correctly remember), using volume etc as confirming signals for price action, has the growing importance of dark pools or other off-exchange venues had an impact on your own style?

Hft

$600k in just 90 seconds , you can publish your statements and explain a little about what have you done. or your experiences about HFTrading.

Last edited:
Mr C - here's a question: for some whose technique involves (if I correctly remember), using volume etc as confirming signals for price action, has the growing importance of dark pools or other off-exchange venues had an impact on your own style?

No, not at all. I don't actually use volume in the accepted way popular among amateur traders as the way they use it is extremely unreliable.

HFT moves are so fast, milli-seconds, and for such tiny amounts, they make no difference to a "home" trader.
Of course the fact that HFT moves are millions of times a day generate the large profits for the companies and funds.
Richard