Help starting in forex

Tomchapman

Hello,

I am 19 and want to start learning to trade forex in my spare time, i have been reading book, set up demo accounts and trying to teach myself as much as possible (not sure how its going at the moment). But when i have a good understanding and i am constantly making profit i aim to set up a live account with plus 500 i have an investment of £500 which i have saved to invest in forex so its not money that i really NEED.

Just if anybody could recommend any books, blogs, journals or websites that could really give me a good idea on how the whole forex market works and maybe a good trading stratergy would be much appreciated!

And hopefully when i learn a bit i can pass some knowledge on!

Thanks
Tom

www.investopedia.com

trade2win has some articles

are you going to college/university? if so do economics courses, even if you don't use fundamental analysis to enter trades it helps avoid getting in on the wrong side of a news release (which is more painful than taking some charlie sheen and having your face melt off)

books:

schwager on futures: technical analysis - by jack schwager

he's got a nice and easy to follow writing style which is great when you start out

blogs, trade2win trade journals are always a good read

I do agree with enraged that Jack Schwager is very good........You need to read a lot of books and decide how you want to trade at some point............If you read enough then you will decide how you want to trade..............If you like candlesticks then email me and I will give you an excellent candlestick book for free............If you decide you are going to be a technical trader then hit me up there also because I have a lot of ebooks on technical trading and good free websites I will give you..............If you decide you want to be a fundamental trader then I can't help you ..............Whatever you decide then please believe that if you know in your heart you can succeed and you are willing to put whatever is required into the process, then you will definitely succeed............This business sums up what it takes in life to be successful.............

Good Trading,
JahDave

At the moment I'm waiting to go back to college and take a levels in business government and politics communication and culture as they don't offer finance or economics. And will definatley check the book and blogs out tonight! And when I know my style of trading I will get back to you :)!

Is £500 enough to start investing? And any good recommended brokers?

Thanks
Tom chapman

At the moment I'm waiting to go back to college and take a levels in business government and politics communication and culture as they don't offer finance or economics. And will definatley check the book and blogs out tonight! And when I know my style of trading I will get back to you :)!

Is £500 enough to start investing? And any good recommended brokers?

Thanks
Tom chapman

I think Oanda is one of the best I have found. I don't like their platform very much so I chart with another program, but their spreads are great and they don't have any minimum size to trade.