Help required

udaya

Dear Members

Can you clarify me with formulas how the following is calculated. When I plug in the previous day OHLC, I get the following results from a calculator.

1. OHLC: 409 - 423.95 - 402 - 416.20

Result: Sell = 432.15 / Buy = 406.35 / Stop Loss = 402.35

2. OHLC : 425 -425 - 403.15 - 409.55

Result: Sell = 420 / Buy = 401.25 / Stop Loss = 388.80

3. OHLC: 385.10 - 418 - 385.10 - 396

Result: Sell = 402.85 / Buy = 385.10 / Stop Loss = 385.10

When open and low is same , I find buy and SL becomes see the result.

I request members to explain me behind this math equation.

Regards

Udaya

It could be any formulas out of an infinite number of them.

If your buy and sell are two dependent variables Y1 and Y2 and so is the stop-loss Z, all in the range of a set of real functions f, g, and h, and your domain independent variables are O,H,L,C, then the set of functions are:

f(O,H,L,C) = X1
g(O,H,L,C) = X2
h(O,H,L,C) = Z

Can you figure out how many functions generate your results given the three examples you gave and without any knowledge of their particular form and structure?

Ron

Ron

It could be any formulas out of an infinite number of them.

If your buy and sell are two dependent variables Y1 and Y2 and so is the stop-loss Z, all in the range of a set of real functions f, g, and h, and your domain independent variables are O,H,L,C, then the set of functions are:

f(O,H,L,C) = X1
g(O,H,L,C) = X2
h(O,H,L,C) = Z

Can you figure out how many functions generate your results given the three examples you gave and without any knowledge of their particular form and structure?

Ron

Ron

Dear Sir

I could not understand your reply. I am bit weak in math. Can you elaborate your reply.

Regards

Udaya

In other words: It's impossible to work out with certainty what formulae have been used to generate those numbers. The last set of figures might give some clues but it'd still require a lot of time and effort to even have a reasonable stab at it.

I genuinely mean no disrespect with what I say next: Is this not the wrong game for somebody who, by their own admittance, is weak when it comes to maths.

Judging by the third output it's not a calculator worth reverse engineering anyway...