Help please - SS export with no EPIC

grahamep

Is there some way to export prices from SS where there is no EPIC code?

I can do it for individual shares (very tedious and time consuming) but not for all shares in a list.

TIA for any help you can give.

Camelot

Thank you for the suggestion but ScopeSort works on the exported file and my problem is exporting the data so sadly it doesn't help.

grahamep said:
I can do it for individual shares (very tedious and time consuming) but not for all shares in a list.
TIA for any help you can give.

I've just tried it on a list containing a mixture of 10 stocks + 3 indices with no problem.

Select the frame containing the list then
Files / export / export prices for shares in list

I use CSV format and open with MS Excel. It produces a single list with 7 fields: Epic, date, O,H,L,C,V. starting with the first record in the list frame and moving sequentially through the rest.

peterpr said:
I've just tried it on a list containing a mixture of 10 stocks + 3 indices with no problem.

Select the frame containing the list then
Files / export / export prices for shares in list

I use CSV format and open with MS Excel. It produces a single list with 7 fields: Epic, date, O,H,L,C,V. starting with the first record in the list frame and moving sequentially through the rest.

Hi peterpr

Thats exactly what I do and I get a .csv file but it only contains shares, indices etc that have an EPIC code. After trying to export prices for 9 shares of which 1 has an EPIC code and 8 do not (I tick "Export all available data"). I get the attached message:

Attachments

• ExportMessage.jpg
    ExportMessage.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 358
grahamep said:
Hi peterpr
Thats exactly what I do and I get a .csv file but it only contains shares, indices etc that have an EPIC code. After trying to export prices for 9 shares of which 1 has an EPIC code and 8 do not (I tick "Export all available data"). I get the attached message:

Grahamep

Sorry can't help further on that. Sounds like a SS tech support matter. I've generally found them fairly responsive.

Add it to the ShareScope wishlist. I really find this annoying as I want to export prices for the major sectors and currency rates. No epic, so no export. Surely it wouldn't be difficult for Ionic to assign a 'pseudo-epic' to these items.

Andy.