Help on TS Stops

juanbyte

Hi
I have had TS8 for a couple of weeks and have been writing a program in easylanguage.
Everything is fine except the stops on two occassions have gone over by twice the amount and causes this to happen.
attachment.php

Does anyone know how to overcome this.

I have used setstoploss, would it be better to write a bit of code that says cover if price is = +/- stop amount from entry price.

Attachments

• stress.gif
    stress.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,277
juanbyte,

If you post the relevant bit of the code (or send via PM) and give me a bit more info (bar interval, type of entry order, instrument, circumstances where it went wrong :( etc etc), I'm sure I can help you out.

Paul

Thanks paul you are a gentleman.

Think I have sorted it now, my trading time was between 14:30 and 21:40 GMT. The rogue trade was on Friday 1st Oct untill the 4th Oct.

Easy to see now, the stop wasn't hit and the forcing close of open trades at 21:40 didn't work because the market closes at 21:15.

If I get stuck again I will PM you

Thanks
Chris

... would it be better to write a bit of code that says cover if price is = +/- stop amount from entry price.

Not necessarily, this should be an easy to solve piece of code. If you cannot solve it then let me know.

Paul