Help Needed With Moving Averages!!

vocalist

I am currrently using Prophet, their free service (us poorer lot just have to dream about live data feeds,lol)

I'm trying to convert a 20,50,100 and 200 day moving average to a weekly chart but everytime I set these averages on a daily chart and then click on the weeklys it draws the moving averages differently and no where near what they look like on a daily chart.Can anyone please give me the equivalent moving averages for a weekly chart, ie a 20,50,100 and 200 day MA. Many thanks. Ash

vocalist said:
I am currrently using Prophet,their free service(us poorer lot just have to dream about live data feeds,lol)

I'm trying to convert a 20,50,100 and 200 day moving average to a weekly chart but everytime I set these averages on a daily chart and then click on the weeklys it draws the moving averages differently and no where near what they look like on a daily chart.Can anyone please give me the equivalent moving averages for a weekly chart,ie a 20,50,100 and 200 day MA.Many thanks.Ash

Hi I use Prophet as a gold member.

Remember that the MA's are calculated using bars not time. Therefore your 200 MA on a weekly is 200 weekly bars as opposed to 200 daily bars.

If you ae using weekly and you want a 200 day moving average then use 200days/5 which is aprox 40 weeks.

Yes! of course, and if for example you use a ten day moving average on the weekly you then multipy 10 by 5. As there is 5 trading days in a week.