Help needed on option trade, please take a second

CalC

Hello all, new to this forum and new to options trading all together. In a nutshell, helping my mom after my father recently passed. One of my co-workers is a regular in another forum and he suggested I throw myself on the mercy of some of you guys in this forum. In one of my father's accounts (joint with my mother) there are several open options. I have zero idea on how to proceed and whether I should wait for them to expire or close if they are ITM. Of course, want to maximize the profit and minimize any losses for my mom. She is a retired school teacher and my father was retired from railroad so most of their stuff is in pension plans. My father seemed to have several trading accounts that mom said he "played" with from time to time. I am just trying to get a handle on what is going on sooner than later since some involve AAPL with earnings on Monday, don't know whether to close or wait it out. I attached what he has active. Any help, suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 5.05.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 5.05.13 PM.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 446
just close out -you have a profit there but earnings are a gamble-the wild west,I'd never trade that directionally.I presume this is an online account,so you can close out easily.

Last edited: