help me

newstart/5972

:rolleyes: hi am loking for a sysem to get me started, i am complete newstart can anyone help me get things up and running so i can start learning and not lose to much while doing so.

Hi NS5972,

If you want to learn the theory about trading then this site is very good. The Internet is a wonderful resource.
If you want to practice your trading, open a demo account at any brokerage that offers this.
If you want to backtest your trading strategy(ies) using free End of Day data, try http://www.prorealtime.com

Good Luck and Regards

Fibonelli

HI newstart

Don't be discouraged by some of the comments you'll find here. There is a genre of online posters who live just to throw in a pithy comment, rather than contribute something constructive to a new user with a question.

Though I think its deeper than you want to go just starting out, there is a link on my profile to my yahoo group, where, in the files section, you can get a free download of an older version of my market program.

You may also want to check the yahoo group called holygrailism for more discussion.

Last but not least, bear in mind as you begin that online groups about investing systems tend to have a 'can't be done tone' in many posts (ironic as that is considering the topic)'

For any negative comment you receive, ask the poster for a constructive suggestion and/or what he feels works well.

The answer will tell you a great deal about his depth of knowledge.

Drive around anyone who appears to be like the fat man at home yelling at his tv screen, telling the quarterback how to play when he himself has never set foot on the field.

Good luck with your search.

Why not simply ask for money?

Regards

Ben

RTN, why the negative attitude ? the guy is keen to learn, you think it's a valuable mentoring tool to knock the wind out of him on his first post on a thread ?
If you can't show a bit of human/christian compassion towards him, think of it this way: "another sucker in the market=greater liquidity=more profit for smart-**** no-mate coonts like you"

ferfuxake the radge cannae even spell the Queen's Ingerlish. you think he doesnae need all the help he can get ? :eek:

:rolleyes: hi am loking for a sysem to get me started, i am complete newstart can anyone help me get things up and running so i can start learning and not lose to much while doing so.

Try to get access to software or systems to backtest before you get into the market. Look around on fora like this, they contain a wealth of ideas. Don't be put off if your first attempts get you nowhere, it takes perseverance to build a system that works AND you feel comfortable with. Read books on the subject, they help you to be able to write the code, implement ideas and more importantly, teach you money management. The art of trading is not making money but not to lose your money.

Do not follow guru's. There are a lot of them around on the Internet and they all tend to work on your fear of a crash, they all tend to warn for major upcoming crashes and that their system will protect you. Yes, corrections and crashes do happen but better to trade with the (up)trend while it lasts and protect yourself with options for example against a major crash.

I learned it the hard way, dived into the market, made some money but lost more. Followed guru's, lost my money even faster. The only thing that can predict anything about future behaviour of a strategy is extensive backtesting using a system. It's no guarantee but it gives you a clue of what the system you build could have done in the past.

Hi,

Trading is a very broad-ranging business, so let's narrow things down a little to actually help you, otherwise you're going to be overwhelmed by the amount of different responses you'll receive from tons of different traders all trading a different system!

1) What markets have you looked at so far?

2) What markets are you interested in trading and why?

3) What style of trading do you think might suit you best? For example - do you want to spend 3 to 6 hours a day at the computer day-trading, or would you prefer to look at the markets once a day in the evening or the morning?

There are no right or wrong answers, but you will struggle to get decent help unless you are specific about the above. Have a good think and reply to this post and we can go from there.

Thanks

Damian