Help for New-Comer please :)

reecetan

Hi guys,
Im 19 years old from London and im extremely interested in the trading industry.
I was wondering how would you recommend I should get into it as I do not have many grades as my A level results are B,U,C in Media,English,Theatre studies.
I understand it will be a very steep road but Im willing to take that on as Im so interested in trading.
If it is unlikely for me to get some sort of training or apprenticeship is there any sources I can look at which would be good for me to start?
I understand some of you will probably tell me its not the right career for me because of my grades but im pretty determined I can learn, any help is good help!

Thanks alot guys!

-------------------------------------------------
Reece Tan
Voiceover Artist/Ex - GB Table Tennis player

I can't speak for everyone, nor anyone outside the states, but school in general here is pretty worthless for anything dealing with money. I'm in my last year as a Finance Major and the first class that talked about trading stocks was last semester. (And all the information was not helpful)

The best bet is to do independent research on your own. Stay around here, pick up some books (everyone has a favorite), and most importantly paper trade. That's trading for real but without actually using money. You can find a website to operate it like invoost or wall street survivor, or just keep a journal on your own.

Watch the market every day, keep up on economic news, just immerse yourself in general.

I can't speak for everyone, nor anyone outside the states, but school in general here is pretty worthless for anything dealing with money. I'm in my last year as a Finance Major and the first class that talked about trading stocks was last semester. (And all the information was not helpful)

The best bet is to do independent research on your own. Stay around here, pick up some books (everyone has a favorite), and most importantly paper trade. That's trading for real but without actually using money. You can find a website to operate it like invoost or wall street survivor, or just keep a journal on your own.

Watch the market every day, keep up on economic news, just immerse yourself in general.

Thanks alot, yeh im doing loads of research at the moment. Is there anything in particular you could advise i should look at when starting trading? like as a starting point?
Thanks

Hi guys,
Im 19 years old from London and im extremely interested in the trading industry.
I was wondering how would you recommend I should get into it as I do not have many grades as my A level results are B,U,C in Media,English,Theatre studies.
I understand it will be a very steep road but Im willing to take that on as Im so interested in trading.
If it is unlikely for me to get some sort of training or apprenticeship is there any sources I can look at which would be good for me to start?
I understand some of you will probably tell me its not the right career for me because of my grades but im pretty determined I can learn, any help is good help!

Thanks alot guys!

Reece Tan
Voiceover Artist/Ex - GB Table Tennis player

If you are interested to learn Forex trading you can search websites, watch you tube videos, there are so many which can helps you. You can learn trading from forums too.

You can learn from your friend who knows about Forex trading or any professionals. You can starts with a demo account it may help you. Demo is a very good option for any newbie who wants to learn Forex trading.

Hi Reece,
Welcome to the site.

Check out the first two threads in my signature (below) - they will provide an introduction into the subject. After that, take a look at the Trading FAQs forum: these two threads in particular will go a long way towards answering your questions:
How Do I get a Job Trading?
Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?
Hope that helps - just shout if you've any questions or if anything is unclear.
Tim.

hi guys
i am form srilanka i am new comer for forex then i wont learn forex can u help me any one for trade forex thanks

hi guys
i am form srilanka i am new comer for forex then i wont learn forex can u help me any one for trade forex thanks

Hi priyan- for starting level you can make a better option by trading on Forex. but first of all i would suggest that you should try the demo version. if you find yourself capable enough then it would help you in longer.

watch some traders online how they trade- get their startegies.:clap:

That you played Table Tennis for GB is more applicable than your grades at school. Apply to some shops and emphasise that.

G/L.

Welcome, learn the basic from babypips and Youtube. The best site for beginner. Practice with demo account. Keep practicing until you are able to minimize the lost.

Hi Reece

I'd start by getting hold of autobiographies of all the top investment managers of the last 100 years, and making notes on they're different investment styles. See if you can spot and recurring themes.

I'd also take a look at some texts on the Psychology of Fear & Greed. I could give some people a winning trade and they would still muck it up once they trade properly on account. That isn't a criticism of them really, it's more an acknowledgement of how important it is to understand your underlying nature when your put under pressure.

By all means paper trade, but trust me that trading with your own money is completely different.

Reece Tan
Voiceover Artist/Ex - GB Table Tennis player[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend that you first get some basic knowledge and don't let others talk you out of trading. You decided you want to do it and you said you are ready to do the hard work. We all started from zero, just take your time and take it step by step. Once you are equipped with fundamental knowledge (there are plenty of decent free online sources) you may want to find out what type of trader you want to be and whenever you feel comfortable getting your feet wet in order to make mistakes to learn from I would recommend that you chose a broker you prefer, open a micro-account and fund it with a small amount (I would not recommend more than $100 as you are most likely to lose that amount or at least a large portion of it). Only trade 0.01 lots as you make mistakes, learn and figure out a profitable trading strategy over time.