help finding screeners for European equities please

happyhero

Hi I have a few equities with Hargreaves Lansdown and some with Barclays Stockbrokers and I am an amateur trader. I do ok using basic information like the trends, i.e. I look at performance over the last 6 months or year, etc. I like to use stock screeners to help me narrow down what suits my preference to deal in. I buy the odd American equity but would like to try some European equities too. The trouble is I am finding it difficult to find a comprehensive list of the equities in each country and even harder to find a screener for them so can anybody help me with this please?

Obviously UK equities are not a problem and American are not too bad but the rest are tough to find. I use HL for my American equities and whilst I can find them on the HL site I cannot find a comprehensive list on the HL site like I can with the UK ones, i.e. I can look at the complete FTSE 350 list and organise them in performance order but I cannot do this with any other country or get a basic list up.

I found this FINVIZ.com - Stock Screener site and it seems good for American shares, I can organise them in performance order in graph format which is the best for a quick view for me, I would love them all to be like this but although I can select Germany for example on here it seems only capable of bringing up a few Dax shares. Maybe I am using it incorrectly but I could only get 6 German equities to come up, so don’t know if you can make it display more? This site is almost spot on for me if I can get it to display all the equities for all countries.

So do you know of any sites, preferably free, that I can use which offer stock screener which i can use for any country, Europe, Japan etc or if not that gives me a list of the countries equities.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Hi I have a few equities with Hargreaves Lansdown and some with Barclays Stockbrokers and I am an amateur trader. I do ok using basic information like the trends, i.e. I look at performance over the last 6 months or year, etc. I like to use stock screeners to help me narrow down what suits my preference to deal in. I buy the odd American equity but would like to try some European equities too. The trouble is I am finding it difficult to find a comprehensive list of the equities in each country and even harder to find a screener for them so can anybody help me with this please?

Obviously UK equities are not a problem and American are not too bad but the rest are tough to find. I use HL for my American equities and whilst I can find them on the HL site I cannot find a comprehensive list on the HL site like I can with the UK ones, i.e. I can look at the complete FTSE 350 list and organise them in performance order but I cannot do this with any other country or get a basic list up.

I found this FINVIZ.com - Stock Screener site and it seems good for American shares, I can organise them in performance order in graph format which is the best for a quick view for me, I would love them all to be like this but although I can select Germany for example on here it seems only capable of bringing up a few Dax shares. Maybe I am using it incorrectly but I could only get 6 German equities to come up, so don’t know if you can make it display more? This site is almost spot on for me if I can get it to display all the equities for all countries.

So do you know of any sites, preferably free, that I can use which offer stock screener which i can use for any country, Europe, Japan etc or if not that gives me a list of the countries equities.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I am developing a site for both technical and fundamental analysis of stocks from over 20 countries. Now I have over 30000 stocks in my database. This site is all free to use if you want to test it. I there is some indicators or some other stuff you want me to add, just give me an notice and I will add it on the site. This is a non-commercial site!

Trader's resourcepage

I am a newbie to, and use this site for learning to find good trades.

Last edited:
Hi!

I am developing a site for both technical and fundamental analysis of stocks from over 20 countries. Now I have over 30000 stocks in my database. This site is all free to use if you want to test it. I there is some indicators or some other stuff you want me to add, just give me an notice and I will add it on the site. This is a non-commercial site!

Trader's resourcepage

I am a newbie to, and use this site for learning to find good trades.

Hi AAlmaas

Thanks for that, interesting site, you say you can add indicators well the ones I look at mostly are percentage change over 5 years, 3 years, 52weeks, 26 weeks, 13 weeks, 4 weeks and 1 week, I like to compare the equities in this form as a good basic guide before looking further. Along these lines what I fancy but never see is some way that you could quickly see mini graphs displaying either the 52 or 26 week or even adjustable for either. To elaborate it would be nice that if i had just used the screener to get up a selection of equities that on their right would be mini graphs showing their 52 week pattern so that I could rule some out instantly by their erratic movements for instance, hope that makes sense. I know on one American site I go on that you can hover over the symbol for the equity and a mini graph pops up but I think it is only showing daily performance, not sure now.

Sorry to reply so long after your post but i was away on holiday.

Hi AAlmaas

Thanks for that, interesting site, you say you can add indicators well the ones I look at mostly are percentage change over 5 years, 3 years, 52weeks, 26 weeks, 13 weeks, 4 weeks and 1 week, I like to compare the equities in this form as a good basic guide before looking further. Along these lines what I fancy but never see is some way that you could quickly see mini graphs displaying either the 52 or 26 week or even adjustable for either. To elaborate it would be nice that if i had just used the screener to get up a selection of equities that on their right would be mini graphs showing their 52 week pattern so that I could rule some out instantly by their erratic movements for instance, hope that makes sense. I know on one American site I go on that you can hover over the symbol for the equity and a mini graph pops up but I think it is only showing daily performance, not sure now.

Sorry to reply so long after your post but i was away on holiday.

Hi!
Thanks for the response!!
Now the screener is updated with the indicators you asked about. Sorry it took some time, but here they are. I haven't added chart's yet. But maybe later I will see on that. I have some other stuff that I would add to the site before that. Sorry for that, but you can see the charts when you select a stock. Please just send more comments on the page and I would see if I implement it or not.

AAlmaas.

Wow cheers AAlmaas, looks good but have you mixed up your "more thans" and "less thans", you only seem to have 2 "more thans" whereas normally the first lot would all be "more thans" i.e. you may be looking for stocks that have increased more than 20% in one month for instance, sorry if its me but I think thats what it should be.

Also I am trying it out and when I click "screen" nothing happens, not sure if i am doing something wrong but I have started off simple to test with only a couple of boxes selected. I have just tried UK and shares and one box, shares that have less than 20% increase in 1 year which should bring up loads I would have thought, any ideas?

This comes up

# of quotes found is: 0

No quotes found, please change your search criteria.

Hi. I might have set wrong names in the selection boxes. And i discovered after I wrote back that the database was not updated with the new data. I am running an update now such that there will be results for the different countries during a few hours. Tnx for fast reply. Please let me now if you see more errors!!

Now I have performed some more updates on your indicator, Happyhero. I have also added some moving average indicators on the charts when showing their summaries when you click an stock.

One thing I wonder is if you are having a particulary screen setup with those indicators. I am interested in having such a list on my frontpage, such that it is easy to see stocks with potentials. Are you interested in that?

Hi AAlmass

Sorry for the breaks but I keep having lots of distractions, with young kids. It looks good now, I see you have corrected the "more thans" etc but I think there are some errors still, i.e. there are 2x 100% more thans in the 1 year column, one of which works and the other brings up no quotes found. As for the results I get up after selecting something like more than 100% in one year I cannot seem to make sense of the order I see i.e. I would expect to see the biggest mover at the top after sorting but the list seems completely different from other screeners I use, I need to look at this more so it could be me doing something wrong.

As for your suggestion for some sort of setup on the front page that would show some hot potentials that sounds good, especially if they are customisable to suit.

Update - removed "More than 100 %" that gave no result

Hi AAlmass

Sorry for the breaks but I keep having lots of distractions, with young kids. It looks good now, I see you have corrected the "more thans" etc but I think there are some errors still, i.e. there are 2x 100% more thans in the 1 year column, one of which works and the other brings up no quotes found. As for the results I get up after selecting something like more than 100% in one year I cannot seem to make sense of the order I see i.e. I would expect to see the biggest mover at the top after sorting but the list seems completely different from other screeners I use, I need to look at this more so it could be me doing something wrong.

As for your suggestion for some sort of setup on the front page that would show some hot potentials that sounds good, especially if they are customisable to suit.

Hi!

Removed the "More than 100%" that returned 0 stocks. And added the ratios in the result. You have to sort yourself by selecting the heading of interest.. Hope this is more what you wanted.

Anders