Hello

Tangopapa20

I am new to this website and wanted to just introduce myself and provide a bit of background and what I am looking for:-

BACKGROUND
============
Been investing personally for some 20+ years now...but over time have realized that its more a matter of developing a system (like counting cards) that delivers consistent positive returns than trying to outsmart highly paid equity analyst with fundamental analysis or against those with an inside information edge. Best I could do in fundamental space is mostly during market crashes or irrational dumps when babies get thrown out with the bath water.

Leaving fundamental investing a side, over time I started developing a few automated systems. First it started with a need to monitor so many particular positions - I needed a system to give me alerts to possible manual trades - then as the numbers of positions grew it became clear that I needed to automate the trading aspect too so the I could cover more ground and quicker and take emotions out of it. Today I have automated scanners and trading algorithms that use Interactive Broker's API to make automated trades. The results are good but very small and am really looking to improve my systems in scale and breath incrementally.

I really hadn't looked at what others were doing in this space and to date this stuff has been developed on my own as a logical extension of the path I have been down.
Now I am looking to benefit from others' experience....and well contribute to sharing some of my own experiences. I don't expect anyone to share their nice algorithms with me, and I don't expect to share mine....but I want to share the tools...systems...process...methodology ...thinking patterns etc....and hoping to benefit from the same....just looking for pointers (someone to teach me to fish) rather than someone giving me the fish...

Here is what I am looking for to get into this as quickly as possible:-

(i) List of posters who know their "stuff". I saw Quantt and I nodded with everything he had to say on this forum....he gets it... I am looking for other similar (names) top notch posters who know their stuff ...so I can quickly read up their posts.

(ii) I realize there are many forums and this is one of them....I also came across EliteTrader....any other forums that are worth checking out ? Any other posters elsewhere worth checking out ?

(iii) Books and papers
- any good books or papers worth considering ....remember I am NOT looking for the magic formula algorithm ....I looking for something that can give me insights...so I can further develop my own ideas.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to receiving and sharing automated trading wisdom in all its forms....

Hello and welcome, I was on vacation last week - which means off the internet, so I have to catch up, but will be here more often than not...

Hello and welcome, I was on vacation last week - which means off the internet, so I have to catch up, but will be here more often than not...

Thanks Quantt. ....I have a mini book list together ...will share it for other's opinion soon.