Heiken Ashi candlesticks

quotetracker/latest version has heikin ashi candlestick charts.all free providing you have a data feed

Hi Jerry,

I'm currently using Quotetracker with Heiken Ashi charts, excellent tool to accompany the conventional charts! Thanks for keeping up with all the tools out there in the market, more than I can ever imagine them all. Keep up the good work!

Hi to anyone now reading this .... I've become interested in the Heiken Ashi candlesticks - but as mentioned earlier in this thread, then info on them is somewhat 'rare' ... Any one any ideas on if there are any books on them out now? Await reply... TIA

hi guys very interesting stuff

where can I get more information on candlesticks?

how can I see these improved candlesticks on my computer, is the only way to do this is by an excel document?

So, as no specific responce to my post of six months ago, then other than the magazne article mentioned previously in this thread, I assume that there is no other known published info on Ashi...
Anyone out there using Heiken Ashi as part of there day-to-day analsys?

So, as no specific responce to my post of six months ago, then other than the magazne article mentioned previously in this thread, I assume that there is no other known published info on Ashi...
Anyone out there using Heiken Ashi as part of there day-to-day analsys?

Heiken Ashi candlesticks will keep you in a trade longer. They can be useful when you want to stay with the trend. With normal candlesticks, you can have 1 down or maybe 2 down bars and get faked out, with Heiken Ashi it will not show up, not until you get about 3 down bars, in a way its a little like Point and Figure. If you trade FX you can get them free on VT Trader charts.

Hi, Garry ...
Not presently residing in Thailand....
Spent quite a while there a decade ago living near the airport (BKK) ...
Return occasionally as a visitor....
Hope to return permanently again in a few years time ....
(Would more than be happy to be there now...!!)

i use fxtrek desktop and they have heikin ashi, you can get it free for 7 days so if you dont want to subscribe you can still have a few days to play around with some heiken ashi charts.
ive never looked at these charts before so just had a look on a few diffferent time frames on eur/usd and on each chart it looked like the simple buy when blue candle sell when red would have turned a profit (with the sideways movement giving back large parts of it) then noticed the live heiken charts price isnt the same as the real price but wouldnt have thought that would have made much difference. looks interesting but like so much ta if theres a trend you make money if not you lose money.

morning gentlemen,

wondering if any of you are using HA candles and more importantly what else you use as confirmation etc, FWIW I use these in conjunction with a price channel and a MACD (although I have other indicators 'on trial' at various points of time)

specifically, what exit strategy. I'd like to get an earlier signal so wondering how others do it

morning gentlemen,

wondering if any of you are using HA candles and more importantly what else you use as confirmation etc, FWIW I use these in conjunction with a price channel and a MACD (although I have other indicators 'on trial' at various points of time)

specifically, what exit strategy. I'd like to get an earlier signal so wondering how others do it

I use HA within a channel(s) also. HA is good to assess trend but due to its construction it does lag. I just use price-action and normal bars/candles for exit. Price is the ultimate indicator imho!

morning gentlemen,

its not a set-up i use much as I'm doing ok on my other set-up, but maybe worth looking at something I was trialling last year - HAs with Keltner Channel ?

If a HA closed outside the channel I tend to use the hi or lo as a reversal entry or exit trigger.
if that HA bar doesn't get triggered, and the next HA also closes outside the Keltner Channel, then the hi/lo of that bar becomes the trigger and so on

Thanks..

Yes the lag is whats causes me issues... price can retrace miles by the time I get confirmation.

I'm leaning towards price I must say, but the Keltner idea sounds interesting. I'll have a play and see

cheers guys

Hi, I have just started to use Heikin Ashi (and Ichimoku) based chart called THV system. (MT4)
This seems intends to use for scalping , but I think I can use longer time scale as well.

Small spikes often confuses me to follow the trend, but Heikin Ashi chart offers far more smoother (less noise ?) trend chart.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=127271

I use a method I learned for using Heiken Ashi candlesticks smoothed as my trailing stop tool. This technique works really good to let trades sit through extended moves which really helped my measured end of week average risk to reward ratio.