Harry The Cat

Yes I agree but when this topic comes up (playing both sides) it usually causes a complete **** storm from those who can only think in one direction.
Story of my life. But one way or another there will be moments even if I have stay up all night. I'm sure it's the little things or maybe just one thing but more than this I wish I would over again happily live while we're young.

Professionally speaking , yes they wont give a damn about live calls or directional calls , call it whatever you want , nor they will care about unverified selective screen shots that's for sure , tbh they wont get attracted by a randomly profitable trader either , even if he has a long verified track record , they care more about how its done , everything is automated these days ...

"The more I scout this site the more I am inclined to suspect that if I ever were to start trading"

So, you don't trade, i will be happy to read your posts when you have done so for a while, to see how it affects your theories.

Regards Shane.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a wonder that people pay '2-20' if everything is automated... maybe you should tell them :rolleyes:

Tell them what ?!
You are talking about hedge funds now , different animal and different requirements . Either way your comment is irrelevant , as they pay to have access to ... ...

Last edited:
"The more I scout this site the more I am inclined to suspect that if I ever were to start trading"

So, you don't trade, i will be happy to read your posts when you have done so for a while, to see how it affects your theories.

Regards Shane.

CV, why did you edit my post as it is exactly the same....you didn't change anything....?

Automation is the way to go anyhow. Developing, monitoring and managing systems is probably a far better use of time than "waiting for set ups", which doesn't pay the wages, and even after it sets up, has a 50/50 chance at best of going your way.

Regards Shane.
So why did you bother posting?

Tell you what, if I promise never to trade, they'll never be any need for you to come back and post in this thread, will there.

From what I have seen of your posts, you don't either.

This reminds me of the Screwtape letters a little

Thanks for your valuable input.

Haven't you got a forexmospherian post to go and 'like' somewhere? Give him something to do to come back and 'like' you right back, post after post after post...

Professionally speaking , yes they wont give a damn about live calls or directional calls , call it whatever you want , nor they will care about unverified selective screen shots that's for sure , tbh they wont get attracted by a randomly profitable trader either , even if he has a long verified track record , they care more about how its done , everything is automated these days ...
How would you know? You're not a pro. You're not even a gifted amateur.

I can smell BS a mile off.

... by way of pointing out to tar that many people still pay for performance fees.

I was talking about professional traders - I know you're not very bright, but hedge funds employ professional traders. So, no, not a different animal or different requirements... :rolleyes:

Ofcourse they do , where i said they don't mor*n ? :whistling

Last edited:
How would you know? You're not a pro. You're not even a gifted amateur.

I can smell BS a mile off.

I smell manure from a mile away and that's why i replied to your thread . Sorry to burst your bubble , maybe you thought you will get hired in a hedge fund someday if you just provide a statement from your Oanda or IG account , its not going to happen !

Last edited:
So why did you bother posting?

Tell you what, if I promise never to trade, they'll never be any need for you to come back and post in this thread, will there.

From what I have seen of your posts, you don't either.

Funny guy, read your own posts, then your cat can chase it's own tail.

Dead thread.

Quite. I was using the figures in an off-hand fashion (hence the quotes), by way of pointing out to tar that many people still pay for performance fees. However, if you want to try & get technical, recent avg figures are actually 1.4-17 (source: Hedge Fund Research). Right, I'm off for a catnap.
That's interesting. Which factor do you personally believe has been predominantly responsible for driving down management costs: Poor performance or crowded marketspace?