guaranteed stop loss

newbie2017

hi all,

can someone please explain under which circumstances a guaranteed stop loss can be liquidated without triggering the level of the stop loss.

thank you

Shouldn't happen, but don't forget that the stop loss will be triggered on the bid or ask price which is not necessarily the price that you will be seeing on your chart or share price lists.

I would say it cant happen. phone or e mail the company and they will tell you why.
i ofen used to phone cmc back in the days to ascertain why my s/l had been hit.markets can have some crazy moves mate.they may put your position back on for you if there is a slight doubt

Shouldn't happen, but don't forget that the stop loss will be triggered on the bid or ask price which is not necessarily the price that you will be seeing on your chart or share price lists.

Thanks for the response.

My view of guaranteed stop losses are that unless your position is triggered the company is not allowed to liquidate your position. I have queries it with the company and they provided some silly answer and I await a formal response to be able to go through in detail. Will keep you posted and appreciate your comments.