GREY1's APPROACH TO TRADING US STOCKS

Grey1 said:
have you ever seen any body on this BB posting his losing trades ? Some posters only post their wining trades as if they only Traded once that day lol ( woho i made 5$ run in 3 min , are not I clever )

Still up $ 1487.65

grey1

Why post your profits or losses anyway? Especially in a 'I made $xxxx way' (unless its a journal) All seems a bit too ego boosting to me.

Plenty do post their winners and losers on the 'live cable thread' and 'diary of a swing spread better' but also post their trades live and give reasoning and explanations.

wasp said:
Why post your profits or losses anyway? Especially in a 'I made $xxxx way' (unless its a journal) All seems a bit too ego boosting to me.

Plenty do post their winners and losers on the 'live cable thread' and 'diary of a swing spread better' but also post their trades live and give reasoning and explanations.

It is important to post P/L

1) every day
2) all losses shown

so other traders can see

1) There is a light at the end of the tunnel
2) If they code what i have outlined here they be having similar result
3) Trading is a game of chance and losses are inevitable

As far as ego is concern ..,,, donot bother reading my thread if my ego boosting bothers you .

Gracias

Grey 1

PS:_ all reasoning behind my trades are posted in details and few people have already coded most of it ...

wasp said:

Just for the record- Grey1- I find this to be a very interesting and informative thread and am always on the look out for new postings here- about posting profits...well for me (others might agree also) this acts as a very good motivator to continue on my learning path to trading effectively!!

rajibde said:
Just for the record- Grey1- I find this to be a very interesting and informative thread and am always on the look out for new postings here- about posting profits...well for me (others might agree also) this acts as a very good motivator to continue on my learning path to trading effectively!!

i agree!!

wasp said:

wasp, You wouldn't care to post your FULL P/L statements for the next 6 months (as Grey1 has) would you? :cheesy:

wasp said:

Wasp, how about buzzing off and trying to find a different thread to poison.

I can't understand this type of posting, there is just no sense to it, unless the motive is to disrupt !

samtron said:
wasp, You wouldn't care to post your FULL P/L statements for the next 6 months (as Grey1 has) would you? :cheesy:

I feel compelled to stick my oar in here and muddy the waters.

IMO Posting profits is fine if there is a point to illustrate beyond self congratulation, conceit or bullying. In practise though it is probably meaningless for two (and more) obvious reasons

1. Account size.

2. I'm no graphic designer but here's one I made earlier in Photoshop...

Attachments

• I wish!.jpg
    I wish!.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 467
BTW this is in no way intended to be a dig a Grey for whom I share with many others here the highest regard. Merely I suggest that reducing this thread to a gun fight would stain its very fine character.

rols said:
I feel compelled to stick my oar in here and muddy the waters.

IMO Posting profits is fine if there is a point to illustrate beyond self congratulation, conceit or bullying. In practise though it is probably meaningless for two (and more) obvious reasons

1. Account size.

2. I'm no graphic designer but here's one I made earlier in Photoshop...

In Grey1 posting his P&L it shows :

- With the right system and managed correctly - been consistently profitable is attainable. This in itself provides confidence to others aspiring to Grey1's success.

- But Grey1 goes further than this - he is in this thread (and others) teaching how this success can be achieved.

Regarding, your 'photoshop' point - very nice, but don't you think we all know this sort of creation is possible. What you are not considering is that there are probably +10 other traders to date that has seen this man in action, live in his trading room.

I for one, had this very privilege myself. On the day I attended there were 3 others in attendance also, and the man traded before our very eyes, whilst at the same time coaching and discussing with us.

It was awesome and very real - a real pleasure to watch and learn. I shall always be grateful for the opportunity Grey1 provided to me.

vegas said:
In Grey1 posting his P&L it shows :

- With the right system and managed correctly - been consistently profitable is attainable. This in itself provides confidence to others aspiring to Grey1's success.

- But Grey1 goes further than this - he is in this thread (and others) teaching how this success can be achieved.

Regarding, your 'photoshop' point - very nice, but don't you think we all know this sort of creation is possible. What you are not considering is that there are probably +10 other traders to date that has seen this man in action, live in his trading room.

I for one, had this very privilege myself. On the day I attended there were 3 others in attendance also, and the man traded before our very eyes, whilst at the same time coaching and discussing with us.

It was awesome and very real - a real pleasure to watch and learn. I shall always be grateful for the opportunity Grey1 provided to me.

Please see post 191.

samtron said:

No, I see no point.

vegas said:
Wasp, how about buzzing off and trying to find a different thread to poison.

I can't understand this type of posting, there is just no sense to it, unless the motive is to disrupt !

2 reasons I posted, one was down to the statement made by Grey1 that nobody else on these boards posts their losses (see below). They do on at least 2 other threads as I said. The other motive was my opinion that posting straight P+L at the end of the day serves anyone little purpose. Granted reading the thread in more detail does outline Grey1's strategies but many post their ideas and strategies on various threads but without their end of day P+L. There are plenty of people all over the world making $xxxx a day, some alot more and if you need to see Grey1's statements to be shown profitibility is possible, then maybe you need to take a step back.

Grey1 said:
have you ever seen any body on this BB posting his losing trades ? Some posters only post their wining trades as if they only Traded once that day lol ( woho i made 5$ run in 3 min , are not I clever ) grey1

I shall leave this thread alone from here in. I have stated my opinion, this is a bulletin board for discussion l thought - I wasn't poisoning anything, merely voicing my thoughts... ;)

TheBramble said:
We've had enough killin' around these parts today stranger.

Oh G!
Now I can't get the song "MacArthur Park" to stop playing in my head.

I AM A MAN!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Let's get back to Grey

mr.marcus said:
....a good educator/mentor/teacher will help to open minds..not close them....they will help them to find the answers...but not feed them on a plate and proclaim this to be the only food worth eating.....and even before the answers are found...encourage them to ask the right questions....

wasp has a right to make a civil post and point without being run out of town....the reaction to rols point was over the top too....good ole crowd behaviour is what feeds the market ...its also the same outside of the market ....where are the sheriffs when you need them...
Mr Marcus

Quite so. Grey 1 has a good thread here and we should all try to keep it on track. If he wants to post P&l that is fine.If he does not that is fine also. He is brave, perhaps even foolish to do so, because his posts speak for themselves..

I have great rspect for the posters here, as they well know from either the repuation points or PMs I have given them in the past, and it's now time to re-focus on Grey's work and to show to others the value of this site.

Charlton

Charlton said:
Mr Marcus

Quite so. Grey 1 has a good thread here and we should all try to keep it on track. If he wants to post P&l that is fine.If he does not that is fine also. He is brave, perhaps even foolish to do so, because his posts speak for themselves..

I have great rspect for the posters here, as they well know from either the repuation points or PMs I have given them in the past, and it's now time to re-focus on Grey's work and to show to others the value of this site.

Charlton

Charlton, you are the voice of reason and fine judgement.

However, Grey is quite capable of looking after himself and I fear we must guard against being overtly pusillanimous. Appearing too keen to retain his favour may force him to withdraw out of embarrassment.

mr.marcus said:
....where are the sheriffs when you need them...
The Marshall was kinda busy yesterday young fella'.

Seriously though Mark, yes, your observations on good teachers are spot on. And it's rare to find a good teacher who is also practically good at the topic on which they teach. Hence my too often repeated, but very finely defined difference between coaches and mentors.

The question is: Would the majority rather have a fine teacher of trading or would they prefer to observe and make their own observations of a fine trader?

That was a trick question of course. The real stroke of luck is in finding both skills in just one person.

Come on guys can we just leave this thread alone please. My approach last past 4 years to this BB is clear. HELP OTHERS OUT . As simple as that and i have been doing that for years . 3 years ago i took people who wanted to learn to a private Forum called Technical Trader and we only had education in our agenda. People dont ruin this thread come on .

In coming month if some one is prepared to arrange in a hotel so we can all meet i have no problems to LIVE trade and demonstrate how to trade US market for a day and also discuss the DAY TRADING from the root so I can help out to our new traders.

I have always thought GIVE and YOU RECEIVE from all mighty God.. Specially the knowledge .

Grey1

PS:-- if you ruin my thread by childish comments i will take it private . As simple as that . I have yet a lot to contribute including divergent / convergent pair trading . Position trading .. Long term trading with a touch of fundamentals as i am a fundamentalist before i am a technical . All my long term portfolio are based on Solid fundamentals .

Do yourself a favour

By the way :-- Did you guys CODE the STRATEGY 3 . if yes please post P/L .. No point to be nice to me if the strategy is failing .. Come on post those trades and if for any reason you lost more than you won lets see what went wrong ..

I just asked one of the admins to take Technical Trader to private . I will be sharing my views in private from now on . I have been away from the site for a day and i come back instead of seeing some technical and constructive posts I am seeing 10 useless post .

Dont you guys have any thing better to do like helping others ?

Grey1
I only be accepting 20 people in my new forum ( if agreed by the boss ) . Mostly those whom i have known and are serious traders and not chatters

Last edited:
Grey1

Grey1 said:
Come on guys can we just leave this thread alone please. My approach last past 4 years to this BB is clear. HELP OTHERS OUT . As simple as that and i have been doing that for years . 3 years ago i took people who wanted to learn to a private Forum called Technical Trader and we only had education in our agenda. People dont ruin this thread come on .

In coming month if some one is prepared to arrange in a hotel so we can all meet i have no problems to LIVE trade and demonstrate how to trade US market for a day and also discuss the DAY TRADING from the root so I can help out to our new traders.

I have always thought GIVE and YOU RECEIVE from all mighty God.. Specially the knowledge .

Grey1

PS:-- if you ruin my thread by childish comments i will take it private . As simple as that . I have yet a lot to contribute including divergent / convergent pair trading . Position trading .. Long term trading with a touch of fundamentals as i am a fundamentalist before i am a technical . All my long term portfolio are based on Solid fundamentals .

Do yourself a favour

By the way :-- Did you guys CODE the STRATEGY 3 . if yes please post P/L .. No point to be nice to me if the strategy is failing .. Come on post those trades and if for any reason you lost more than you won lets see what went wrong ..

Hi Grey

I think you should be applauded for your input and you have my total support. If people wish to air their views do so and then leave the thread permanately. I would suggest that there are more people gianing a benefit from Grey;s comment that not, so lets not drive Grey away and let the majoirty prevail.

Andy

Grey1 said:
I just asked one of the admins to take Technical Trader to private . I will be sharing my views in private from now on . I have been away from the site for a day and i come back instead of seeing some technical and constructive posts I am seeing 10 useless post .

Dont you guys have any thing better to do like helping others ?

Grey1
I only be accepting 20 people in my new forum ( if agreed by the boss ) . Mostly those whom i have known and are serious traders and not chatters

Hi Grey1,

Making this a private thread would be a bad news for guys like me, the silent majority who want to learn the art of trading. I have been compiling your work in a word document, hope you don't mind. Please have a look. I tested your Strategy 3 Wednesday and it worked. Thanks. But I do have some questions re: VWAP timeframe and TS codes as I am using my own codings.

sincerely,..

Attachments

• GREY1_approachtotrading_us_stocks.doc
    47 KB · Views: 3,228