Greece may exit the Euro ?

The latest proposal by Germany and France in a conference today to Tsirpas and the Greek government has been rejected. Tsirpas is quoted calling the proposal "absurd". The only thing absurd is his rejection of reality.

I have June 17-19 and July 20 marked on my calendar. It will be a cold day in you know where before Greece manages to pay the €3,500,000,000 that it owes. This is evidenced by their deferral of the €300,000,000 that they were supposed to pay on the 4th of June.

I have June 17-19 and July 20 marked on my calendar. It will be a cold day in you know where before Greece manages to pay the €3,500,000,000 that it owes. This is evidenced by their deferral of the €300,000,000 that they were supposed to pay on the 4th of June.

I think uncle Sam will help the EU bail out Greece. 3.5bn is nothing in the realm of the whole fiasco.

Strategic importance of Greece is key, coupled with the level of fall out and headaches from not helping out. Letting Russia into the Mediterranean is unthinkable.

Agreement will be reached. EU will live forever. United we stand stronger. Alone we are but mere mortals.

Don't hold your breath (y)

Good try to talk it up Atilla but methinks the writing is on the wall. The Greeks should have realised "times up" many years ago but then behaved irresponsibly.
But then if most of the top hogs are squirreling away money abroad etc. why be the mug that does not.
Some serious punishments are needed to get that country back on its feet. But they haven't the balls for that unpleasantness either methinks.

Good try to talk it up Atilla but methinks the writing is on the wall. The Greeks should have realised "times up" many years ago but then behaved irresponsibly.
But then if most of the top hogs are squirreling away money abroad etc. why be the mug that does not.
Some serious punishments are needed to get that country back on its feet. But they haven't the balls for that unpleasantness either methinks.

Think of the big headache US will have if Russia gets into Greece? Nightmare scenario - monitoring stations coupled with missile and troop deployments. Costs to counter those strategic threats (imaginary or real) are incalculable.

Russia will not help for nothing. It will establish base as US does all over the globe.

There is nothing that can't be fixed. Greek politicians will be applied hard and soft pressure to tow into line. Yes it may be a headache for some bureaucrat in Brussels and a little expenditure but compared to sums of money we are talking about 3.5bn is a drop in the ocean.

Finally, we are not talking about taking off the head but merely a hair cut on debt.

Greece is being discussed at G7 not fossil fuels. Obama offering inducements to EU now. Like; what would you do for us then if we keep interest rates low until next year so you can sort your **** out? Alternatively, what do I have that you would like so we can get along nicely. ;)

What's released to public media and what's goes on in back chat diplomatic channels are poles apart. Honest guv n all that!

I think uncle Sam will help the EU bail out Greece. 3.5bn is nothing in the realm of the whole fiasco.

Strategic importance of Greece is key, coupled with the level of fall out and headaches from not helping out. Letting Russia into the Mediterranean is unthinkable.

Agreement will be reached. EU will live forever. United we stand stronger. Alone we are but mere mortals.

Don't hold your breath (y)

Well. it doesn't matter, really, who prints the money to bail out Greece. It is all deflating around us, anyway.

Now who is the wind-up artist with a statement like that. If the U.S. helped Greece, the people would lynch those in power, especially those in the south. It seems like the south is a terrible place to live, be it in the U.S. or Europe.

Greece has no significant importance. Tsirpas called the austerity measures proposed by Germany and France "absurb" on Saturday.

What is the point of that statement? The EU won't be affected in the slightest. If the EU is as strong as you say, I highly doubt that a small country leaving it will do any damage.

The default won't really hurt the rest of Europe. The debt is only held 15% by governments and 85% privately. As such, the debt has been dispersed so thinly accross many banks, it will not be a major issue. To hold my breath would mean that I was worried, which I am not. Greece has been running on borrowed time.

Well. it doesn't matter, really, who prints the money to bail out Greece. It is all deflating around us, anyway.

Precisely, in the realm of trillions what's 3.5? Small price to pay for good wholesome happiness. :clap:

Now who is the wind-up artist with a statement like that. If the U.S. helped Greece, the people would lynch those in power, especially those in the south. It seems like the south is a terrible place to live, be it in the U.S. or Europe.

Greece has no significant importance. Tsirpas called the austerity measures proposed by Germany and France "absurb" on Saturday.

What is the point of that statement? The EU won't be affected in the slightest. If the EU is as strong as you say, I highly doubt that a small country leaving it will do any damage.

The default won't really hurt the rest of Europe. The debt is only held 15% by governments and 85% privately. As such, the debt has been dispersed so thinly accross many banks, it will not be a major issue. To hold my breath would mean that I was worried, which I am not. Greece has been running on borrowed time.

No wind-up at all. I'm being serious.

EU and more importantly US will be impacted.

Strategic and national interests always trump business and money.

How much does the US allocate to defence spending?

No wind-up at all. I'm being serious.

EU and more importantly US will be impacted.

Specifically, how do you think the US will be impacted? I was not even impacted by the 2008 recession in my own country. If the EU is as strong as you say, why would a small country leaving it, affect it that drastically?

Strategic and national interests always trump business and money.

Extremely vague. Please explain!

How much does the US allocate to defence spending?

What does US allocation to defense spending have to do with the Grexit?

0053_defense-comparison-crop.gif

Specifically, how do you think the US will be impacted? I was not even impacted by the 2008 recession in my own country. If the EU is as strong as you say, why would a small country leaving it, affect it that drastically?

US will not want Russia establishing a military base, ports and radar listening stations!

Extremely vague. Please explain!

Not everything in life is about making a profit. Do not wish to try and explain any further if you don't understand. My apologies in advance.

What does US allocation to defense spending have to do with the Grexit?

It will have to respond to Russia establishing a presence in the Mediterranean. This will entail spending / diverting defence expenditure which I expect will end up costing considerably more than 3.5bn.

0053_defense-comparison-crop.gif

Nice graphic. It highlights the numbers involved. (y)

Precisely, in the realm of trillions what's 3.5? Small price to pay for good wholesome happiness. :clap:

I have my case of canned sardines under my bed. An unbeatable hedge because, quite soon, there won't be any. :D

Nice graphic. It highlights the numbers involved. (y)

Everything in the "financial world" is about making a profit. You don't get into finance to lose money or be mother Theresa.

Why would Russia establish a base in Greece just because of a default? Why would the U.S. care about Russia being in Greece. If Russia wants to take over Greece, let them. It will not cost the US trillions. The Europeans can clean up their own mess. Greece has made its bed, now it has to lie in it. The U.S. let Russia take back Crimea. I am praying for a default to knock some sense into them.

Again, if the EU is so strong why would a small country leaving it, affect it in any big way?

Everything in the "financial world" is about making a profit. You don't get into finance to lose money or be mother Theresa.

Why would Russia establish a base in Greece just because of a default? Why would the U.S. care about Russia being in Greece. If Russia wants to take over Greece, let them. It will not cost the US trillions. The Europeans can clean up their own mess. Greece has made its bed, now it has to lie in it. The U.S. let Russia take back Crimea. I am praying for a default to knock some sense into them.

Again, if the EU is so strong why would a small country leaving it, affect it in any big way?

EU can and will survive Grexit but that is not the optimal outcome - debatable I accept.

US hasn't let Russia take back Crimea. Crimea belongs to Russia. It's fleet is based there. US and EU have caused a stink about Crimea already. So your words 'let it' is not accurate assessment of situ.

I can't get to the bottom of your ramblings. Do you want Greece to leave Europe, or not? I don't care, really. Whatever happens, I am going to have to live with it.

I think small countries don't have much to say when they get "proposals" from bigger countries.

I can't get to the bottom of your ramblings. Do you want Greece to leave Europe, or not? I don't care, really. Whatever happens, I am going to have to live with it.

Do I want Greece to leace Europe or not? If you have been following this forum, you would know. I am pro grexit. Due tell, what ramblings?

EU can and will survive Grexit but that is not the optimal outcome - debatable I accept.

US hasn't let Russia take back Crimea. Crimea belongs to Russia. It's fleet is based there. US and EU have caused a stink about Crimea already. So your words 'let it' is not accurate assessment of situ.

By "let" I was saying the U.S. hasn't sent troops there to stop them. We have basically created economic sanctions, which are no more than a slap on the wrist. We will do the same things with Greece. Get upset but end up doing nothing. 28 countries in the EU it should not be hard to foot the €3.5 billion for Greece.

Do I want Greece to leace Europe or not? If you have been following this forum, you would know. I am pro grexit. Due tell, what ramblings?

By "let" I was saying the U.S. hasn't sent troops there to stop them. We have basically created economic sanctions, which are no more than a slap on the wrist. We will do the same things with Greece. Get upset but end up doing nothing. 28 countries in the EU it should not be hard to foot the €3.5 billion for Greece.

Your sentiment is well funny. US sends troops all over the world fighting battles in other peoples back yards and yet here you are telling Russia to stay out of Crimea and hand over it's port to who exactly?

I think you should deploy some more troops into Alaska incase my uncle Vladimir decides to take that back too. :idea:

Why should the EU countries pay when it is predominantly in the interest of US to keep markets afloat. It is market leader and so it should behave like one. Not cheap keeping the dollar standard going.

Help us out here dude. Where is your patriotism? Trying to fight the Western corner here... :love::love:

Lend us a few cents :cheesy:

Your sentiment is well funny. US sends troops all over the world fighting battles in other peoples back yards and yet here you are telling Russia to stay out of Crimea and hand over it's port to who exactly?

What has the US really done about Crimea? Not a whole lot.

I think you should deploy some more troops into Alaska incase my uncle Vladimir decides to take that back too. :idea:

Ok comrade @Atilla

Why should the EU countries pay when it is predominantly in the interest of US to keep markets afloat. It is market leader and so it should behave like one. Not cheap keeping the dollar standard going.

Help us out here dude. Where is your patriotism? Trying to fight the Western corner here... :love::love:

Lend us a few cents :cheesy:

Why indeed. It is your mess to clean up. Greece is part of the EU and as such it is not our problem. I love how you guys complain about us being everywhere and being world police and here you are saying the US should intervene and help. You can't have your cake and eat it. If you give a mouse a cookie, he will want some milk.