Greece may exit the Euro ?

The IMF etc. have tried the Right wing solution to the Greeks' problems and what do you know, it has failed miserably, leaving even bigger debts.

So guys an alternative needs to be found.

I notice NT and cowboy are more interested in personal mud slinging. Well about their gutter level I suppose.

Should they be interested in trying to find some sort of solution for the Greeks, I am trying to help. I won't be responding in like fashion to personal abuse, much as I have enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Selfishness is definitely NOT a virtue. Where do you get that from ?
Making sure your friends ( if any ) are OK too IS a virtue.
Selfishness and greed go together so well.

Fagin always looked after number 1.
NT and cowboy are the pits when it comes to generosity, condemned by what they say. People and even countries driven by fear and greed become moral vacuums.

This guy yearns and craves attention. Can't handle rejection. He has some real issues. Lacks humour and has difficulty comprehending the written word.

He thinks his smart but far from it... He corrects others written word and doesn't like being corrected. He calls others idiot and forgets what his said. Then has the audacity to lecture others about name calling.

After his 3rd question becomes such a bore one wishes to give up the ghost. Yet to discover google.

As I said I thought I'd engage this guy to see what I can glean or learn from him but he is more interested in defeating his inferiority complex by proving to everyone what a clever cloggs he is and how deficient everyone else is. Calling it ego-rationalism takes the biscuit. :LOL:

Sadly I'm now trying to disengage and feel stalked by the prick who want's attention like a little brat who will not simply play quietly in the corner with all his toys. :LOL:

Trying to get rid of him is like trying to shake dog **** off my shoe. What a nightmare :mad:

Let's try and let him down gently... :cheesy:

Last edited:
Very interesting expression! I learned something today. I'm guessing the orange box is a soap box or bully pulpit. I am perplexed by the tomato juice though. In the US, it would just be tomatoes.

I do not see how using Latin is condescending; however, I can dispense with the Latin if you guys can dispense with the mudslinging. Using Latin is a far cry from calling someone an old windbag or arrogant toad. Don't blame me for the names of the fallacies. My main point was to call attention to Atilla's and Pat494's frequent use of the fallacy. I welcome all opinions when laced with fact.

We have diverged again. Greece was in Brussels Sunday where the negotiations broke down within 45 minutes. When will they understand the predicament they are in. Telling the EU that they cannot pay back the debt because they have to pay €2.6 billion for pensions and hiring back 500,000 public servants is madness. It is not their money to be making such promises with. I cannot tell the IRS that they cannot have their tax money from me because my ex-wife needs her alimony and I don't want to give up my comfortable lifestyle.

This is just politicians being politicians.

Dude you may speak several languages and Latin but lets see if you can comprehend what these two words mean...

It's even has a pic to aid comprehension.

41FCG8AHKAL.jpg

Sod off!

Probably born that way. I won't be losing any sleep there.
Be different if he was interesting. No worries.

A pity neither have come up with a right wing solution. So selfishly orientated they can't think of anything helpful for others ?
I can only guess it is to throw even more money at the problem, expecting a different outcome. Sort of Einstein's definition of insanity.

Last edited:
Very interesting expression! I learned something today. I'm guessing the orange box is a soap box or bully pulpit. I am perplexed by the tomato juice though. In the US, it would just be tomatoes.

I do not see how using Latin is condescending; however, I can dispense with the Latin if you guys can dispense with the mudslinging. Using Latin is a far cry from calling someone an old windbag or arrogant toad. Don't blame me for the names of the fallacies. My main point was to call attention to Atilla's and Pat494's frequent use of the fallacy. I welcome all opinions when laced with fact.

We have diverged again. Greece was in Brussels Sunday where the negotiations broke down within 45 minutes. When will they understand the predicament they are in. Telling the EU that they cannot pay back the debt because they have to pay €2.6 billion for pensions and hiring back 500,000 public servants is madness. It is not their money to be making such promises with. I cannot tell the IRS that they cannot have their tax money from me because my ex-wife needs her alimony and I don't want to give up my comfortable lifestyle.

This is just politicians being politicians.

In your case they probably would not bother to take it out of the cans.

Selfishness is definitely NOT a virtue. Where do you get that from ?
Making sure your friends ( if any ) are OK too IS a virtue.
Selfishness and greed go together so well.

Fagin always looked after number 1.
NT and cowboy are the pits when it comes to generosity, condemned by what they say. People and even countries driven by fear and greed become moral vacuums.

Ayn Rand - rational egoism. She is also for pure capitalism.

I guess you couldn't stay away @Atilla. I think it's pretty pathetic to live in Europe and not speak several languages.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_8_56_35_AM.png

Ayn Rand - rational egoism. She is also for pure capitalism.

I guess you couldn't stay away @Atilla. I think it's pretty pathetic to live in Europe and not speak several languages.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_8_56_35_AM.png

You idiot. That was from another thread which I did unsubscribe from.

These are public threads and I'll read and respond to any I choose.

You petulant juvenile. Sod off and leave me alone...

You idiot. That was from another thread which I did unsubscribe from.

These are public threads and I'll read and respond to any I choose.

You petulant juvenile. Sod off and leave me alone...

Who is the juvenile one? You continually use foul language. This is a Grexit thread. Post about Greece or go to another thread.

This guy yearns and craves attention. Can't handle rejection. He has some real issues. Lacks humour and has difficulty comprehending the written word.

He thinks his smart but far from it... He corrects others written word and doesn't like being corrected. He calls others idiot and forgets what his said. Then has the audacity to lecture others about name calling.

After his 3rd question becomes such a bore one wishes to give up the ghost. Yet to discover google.

As I said I thought I'd engage this guy to see what I can glean or learn from him but he is more interested in defeating his inferiority complex by proving to everyone what a clever cloggs he is and how deficient everyone else is. Calling it ego-rationalism takes the biscuit. :LOL:

Sadly I'm now trying to disengage and feel stalked by the prick who want's attention like a little brat who will not simply play quietly in the corner with all his toys. :LOL:

Trying to get rid of him is like trying to shake dog **** off my shoe. What a nightmare :mad:

that's no way to talk about the Greek leaders :LOL:

Greek debt talks: main sticking points
◾Greece will not accept cuts to pension payments or public sector wages, saying two-thirds of pensioners are either below or near the poverty line
◾International creditors want pension spending cut by 1% of GDP - it accounts for 16% of Greek GDP. They say their target is early retirement not individual pensions
◾EU officials say Greece has agreed to budget surplus targets of 1% of GDP this year, followed by 2% in 2016 and 3.5% by 2018. Greece says nothing is agreed until everything is agreed
◾Creditors also want a wider VAT base; Greece says it will not allow extra VAT on medicines or electricity bills
◾Greece complains creditors focus on increasing taxes instead of cracking down on tax evasion; IMF is concerned Athens is not offering credible reforms

Is Greece close to Grexit?

Other Greek ministers have criticised suggestions to increase sales tax on medicines.

But Mr Juncker said: "I'm not in favour, and the prime minister knows that... of increasing VAT on medicaments and electricity. This would be a major mistake."

"The debate in Greece and outside Greece would be easier if the Greek government would tell exactly what the Commission... are really proposing," he added.

Greek finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis claimed that EU proposals did include VAT increases: "Juncker either hadn't read the document he gave Tsipras - or he read it and forgot about it."

Elsewhere in the eurozone, Portugal's short-term borrowing costs rose sharply on Wednesday, with yields on six-month treasury bills jumping from minus 0.002% to 0.044% at the country's latest debt auction.

The rise came despite an assurance to investors from Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho that Portugal would not be "the next to fall" in the event of a Greek default.

would advise all to now batten down the hatches ...........

markets will take it but it will be fun fun fun watching this now unfold .........and the domino effect when the German/ECB/IMF mafia tell Greece the bailiffs are at the doors

ive just had a heart attack talking to my mother in law re the xs cash she has sitting in Barclays.......

jesus spare me ........that woman will put me in an early grave......she does my head in

N

reemploying all those greek public officials and now telling them theres no wages will be interesting

reemploying all those greek public officials and now telling them theres no wages will be interesting

It wasn't their money to do that with. They should have known better than to make those promises. I guess the demand for extra virgin olive oil isn't what it used to be. What will it mean for olive oil futures?

Still optimistic of a deal for Greece.

However, I don't see a down side for either party and markets know the score. If they don't they'll soon enough see it.

Somebody said there are no poor people in Greece, just Government that's broke. I think this statement belittles much suffering by those on the lower steps of life's ladder but it never the less tells story that there is much wealth and prosperous businesses in Greece.

Moreover, Greeks are much better able to live off the land than Europeans who live in concrete jungles. Coupled with their merchant fleet, tourism and agricultural produce, switching to the Drachma or finding their way out of this mess is not likely to be as much pain as what's been inflicted upon it by the austerity strict Germans.

If one trips and falls it doesn't hurt half as much if someone else trips one up. Pull one self up, dust off the dirt and off one goes.

Similarly, the EU should be able to accommodate Greece's departure with an open door for their return when situ turns sweet again. Greece is approx 2% of EU economy apparently. Not sure if this is accurate but what I heard someone say. 2-3% is about the same impact on the US economy from EU shenanigans.

As mentioned before, mess that will ensue from all this - will be on the US v Russians relations as they battle with each other and I fear Greece will become another proxy country to fight over. This will not bode well for US or the EU.

What is one persons loss is another's gain. EU and US will lose. Greece and Russia will gain.

There lies the negotiations. The Greeks know they are in a stronger position than the rest.

So what's on the table, go on be a devil and tempt me to stay. Show me how much you love me... :love::love:

Forgot to add; Merkel is in a bit of a pickle according to some analysts. 4th elections coming up for her and she is losing votes. German's don't want to show they care. So over to France to help out with negotiations, but who are also broke and there are other hungry mouths looking for handouts... Pickle indeed.

Guessing one possible solution may come from US prodding IMF to do something... :idea:

(y)

Last edited:
Have no qualms about the fact that the US cares very little for Greece's plight. In fact as result of the inexorable default, the DJIA has risen over 100 points according to an article in today's Wall Street (2015-06-17). The CAC 40, DAX and ASX 200 are up quite a bit. Greek's stocks are down and you @Atilla say that Greece is stable and in a better position than Europe. Bonds in Greece are 10+%. You say the US and EU will lose. The US was not foolish enough to buy any of the bad debt or lend financial assistance. Greece is but one of the tiniest cogs in the wheel that is the EU. It would be like trimming your fingernails rather than losing a limb if they were to exit. Additionally, Greece is a country with one of the biggest grey economies in the EU about 20%.

:LOL: