Grandk's FOREX trading forum

Grandk

I am an active trader. I am looking to post some trades and thoughts. Any feedback or comments are welcome.

EUR going for resistance at 1.2420. USD looking weak. Covering my long in GBP. Might look to go short the GBP if I see weakness. Bulls may have spent there wad ST getting it above 1.8600

Great another fresh face to forex. Should be good to her from you mate. Enter the july forex thread aswell. I mainly focus on indicies but keep an eye on forex most of the time.

I feel the same for gbp think its on its way down but it keeps pushing the upper boundary as it has on the close today! Interesting times will just stay out and see what happens.

hammer :cheesy:

Thanks for stopping in. I'll stop by the July Forex thread.

edit: July Forex thread bookmarked.

Last edited:
Final thoughts:

The USD has been taking a beating. I am very bearish on the USD right now which makes me leary of staying short. It is very oversold and may get a rally next week.

From Reuters:
The dollar has been pressured by diminishing expectations on U.S. interest rate hikes and by security concerns. But investors were buying back what they saw as the over-sold dollar ahead of the weekend to square their books before next week's flood of data.

"Today the risk would be that after the dollar decline, there could be some potential retracement ahead of the weekend; not necessarily that significant unless key levels on the downside are broken," said Robert Lynch, currency strategist at BNP Paribas in New York.

Kyle Peterson

I will be eyeing a possible ST long on the USD against the EUR and GBP. :eek:

you could well be right, regards a dollar rally. 8450/500 was certainly repelled late May/early June, which focuses the 8300-8500 channel as an area of important support if the cable bulls are to mount a further attack on the Feb high.....they certainly drove price thru the daily Fib (8505) late Fri, be interesting to see how that reacts Monday!....wouldn't be surprised to see more 'chop' around these levels for a while yet tho........

Last edited:
Grandk said:
Long position initiated.

USD/CHF and USD/CDA.

Very small position. :eek:

Underwater. :rolleyes:
Very strong up on the cable. 3 of 5 on the weekly? Any Ewavers out there?

USD/CDA rallying nicely. Letting go of some here. 1.3205 resistance.

USD/CHF lagging a bit behind. looking for 1.2280 to unload some.

Out of my USD longs from this am for a small gain. Currently eyeing GBP. 15 minute chart possible double top. Looking for 1.8658 on the bid for a possible entry.

Hi GrandK

Just spotted this thread. Welcome to the BB good to have another FX trader posting. :)

Regards
NB