Graduate Trading CV Prep Help

Matt_

Wondering if you guys could help me out. About to start my final year as an undergraduate at Nottingham University doing Economics and I'll begin applying for graduate positions with bulge and mid-cap firms in September. I unfortuatley didn't land a summer internship (which I see in retrospect was due to a poorly laid out CV with nothing that made it stand out) which puts me at a distinct disadvantage.
First some basic stats:
Predicted 2:1
Work Experience with KPMG in Audit(2008 through a contact, not offical program)
Currently studying for my CISI Level 3 in Investment (Doing Principles of Financial Reg. & Securities)
A-levels (Economics-A, English Lit-A, Maths-B, Chemistry-B and AS in I.T.-B)
Other stuff: Trade on Bullbearings, began learning Japanese with the aim of being at an advanced level by the time I graduate next year, rugby team captain, active member of the investment society at Nottingham Uni.

While I've began to address my rather barren CV with the CISI Cert and additional language, I'm trying to find other relevent stuff I can add to my CV to demonstrate compentency and that I poccess the attributes a successful trader requires. Are there any programs I could look into learning? I looked at becoming Microsoft Certified in Excel, is it worth the money & time required? Would learning C++ be an advantage?
Your insight would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.