Graduate Programme

JnrTrader

Graduate Programme

I am a second year student at the University of Pretoria Looking to make sure that I get in for the graduate programme by the end of my studies.

Is there anything I could do to improve my chances of getting in? Example: joining a public speaking club or doing a certain additional course (not degree).

you know: something cool for my CV

Ps: (for equity and derivatives trading (prop trader))

Any help will be much appreciated

Patience would be a good starting point.

Join any finance or investment related societies. Or, what would be much better, start a trading specific society. Get a bunch of mates interested, or nab members from existing related societies, and call yourself founder/president/owner of biggest dick/whatever of the Trading Society. Will look very good on your application.

Also, obviously get yourself some trading experience. Start with a demo account if you want but you really ought to fund a live account and just have a go. Whether you lose every penny doesn't matter. Just keep a log of your trades and use it in your applications. You'll get a gold star.

Try doing some internships/voluntary work at prop shops or brokerage houses. Get some exposure to the real deal, get your face out there, show future employers you made the effort.

3 simple steps. If only I had someone to give me advice when I was a student...