Government Is The Problem

That's because people only bother because of their day to day lives. They not interested unless the problem affects their routine

But, by then, it is too late and there is always a next time. But rhey don't bother ,then, either. One day, though, they won't get a vote.

This has a semblance of communism. The solution isn't decoupling society and drawing definitive lines between classes of people. If the government didn't have a welfare system this problem wouldn't exist. It's not the people's fault, it's the system from which they are taking advantage of. It's called a civilised society, if you want the solution you looking for you need to go live somewhere else.

If this government was to stop all benefit payment as from tomorrow, what would be the likely scenario? Doesn't bare thinking about, the country would become almost post apocalyptic. The UK is not 100% civilised as a society, part of society is paid off, financially subdued.

There is no silver bullet, there will always be compromise. The more the government scratches corporate shoulders the less they deliver policy and services that serve the people in a fair way. The choice is higher taxes for a better service or lower taxes for a poorer service

Interesting thread CV (y)

Quick question as it relates to Greece and recent elections; it seems to me that for quite some time now very few people pay tax in Greece so effectively it is a free economy all run by individuals for their own gain.

Moreover, there seems to be a lot of effort put into establishing a stable government.

Would it not be simpler for Greece to drop out of the Euro and Government and let everyone do their own thing...

What's the big deal here? What exactly is going on???

Quick question as it relates to Greece and recent elections; it seems to me that for quite some time now very few people pay tax in Greece so effectively it is a free economy all run by individuals for their own gain.

Moreover, there seems to be a lot of effort put into establishing a stable government.

Would it not be simpler for Greece to drop out of the Euro and Government and let everyone do their own thing...

People are frightened of change.

They don't want leave the Euro and they don't want to pay their taxes. They are smarter than we think.

No one wants to leave the Euro and the UK does not want to join. Why not leave the status quo as it is? Whether it is in the UK's interests for Greece to leave it is not, necessarily, Geece's

:D Let's be clear about this. Greece does not give a flying forex what the British think and I can't say that I blame them.

Of course, if it was an economic thing. But it's principally a political thing, so normal considerations don't apply.

Well the basic idea is, reduce taxes and red tape, put the money back in the hands of the people and they will decide where to spend it. Of course, this will only work if the state reduces its size and spend...just covering the basics but doing it well instead of trying to do everything and doing it all badly.