Good spreadbet companies for US stocks

gbr128

I've dealt with CMC/deal4free for UK stocks in the past and for my purposes they were fine (FTSE100 members).

Am thinking about dipping my toe into the US market (S&P500 members this time) and was wondering if any of the companies had better coverage than CMC? I'm expecting to be trading up to two-week deals so not massively worried about the size of the spread but would prefer not be ripped off before I've even started!

Also I think CMC offer about 300 US stocks which is probably more than enough, but wondered if there were brokers offering more.

Thanks for any suggestions
Rob.

Finspreads seem OK on US stocks. Give them a try, Ive been swinging them for a while now and in good profit

yeh but i don't think finspreads cover ,much more than cmc? cfd's and etrade synergy bank are cheap ( if you trade larger amounts and i'm sure they cover nas100 and s&p 500 which is about best you can do unless trade underlying!!!

henry766 said:
yeh but i don't think finspreads cover ,much more than cmc? cfd's and etrade synergy bank are cheap ( if you trade larger amounts and i'm sure they cover nas100 and s&p 500 which is about best you can do unless trade underlying!!!

I use Fins, IG and Capital.

IG offer the widest choice (at a price!) of all markets I think. I buy S&P500 co's with them, but I'd bet they'd go further down the spectrum.

For UK shares they will quote for any comapny above £20M - I think the only one to do that.

Give 'em a call.

UTB