Good places to start trading career

Chrisb2

Im a graduating senior in undergrad. I just finished my last internship at Morgan Stanley in NYC doing FX & MBS Sales & Trading.

Where is the best places to start a trading career? Investment Banks, Asset Management Firms, Hedge Fund, Prop Trading, etc??

I didn't work it out because my internship was not a normal summer analyst program. Instead it was a 6 month co-op. Also, the fixed income division was going through a lot o changes while I was there and a lot of interns did not receive an offer.

But I am keeping in touch with a few VPs, and will ask them soon for interviews/if they know of any open positions

You didn't work this out during your internship?

I didn't work it out because my internship was not a normal summer analyst program. Instead it was a 6 month co-op. Also, the fixed income division was going through a lot o changes while I was there and a lot of interns did not receive an offer.

But I am keeping in touch with a few VPs, and will ask them soon for interviews/if they know of any open positions

I would say the best place to start would be a small brokerage, this way you would have more opportunity to interact with traders directly rather than just being trained up by management that may not have traded for years. The smaller the brokerage the more interaction you would have with clients too, this is great if you like the hands on approach if you’d rather just sit in front of your computer all day punching numbers go for a big corporate company, I know what I’d prefer…..

small brokerage is not that easy to find, do you know any places where young trader can come and get job?
not sure this can work out like this.