Gold

seeing im soooo bored and weather is ****, i will toss you all a free be.

10yr interest rates vs gold.

someone is on the wrong side here, who is it?

Attachments

• goldrates.jpg
    goldrates.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 193
seeing im soooo bored and weather is ****, i will toss you all a free be.

10yr interest rates vs gold.

someone is on the wrong side here, who is it?

Why are rates so low?

Who's buying up and why?

That's a freebe :)

@glyder it's not much of a secret if it's in the papers. What the hell are they up to?

ZH is always interested:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/rust-discovered-bank-russia-issued-999-gold-coins

Hilarious :LOL:

(I think someone just invented the story to wind up the more swivel-eyed goldbugs on ZH).

By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else just want to slap any journalist or analyst who uses that tired old cliché "The yellow metal"?

It's not yellow, and if the silly story above is true, a lot of it may not even be pure metal!

Last edited:
There have been lots of articles about fake gold montmorency. You not heard the tungsten stories?

Yes, I've heard those stories. Just thought this was a new twist, and amusing in the context of ZH, where they all believe that gold is the one, true and incorruptible money, not like this debased fiat paper sh1te that the herd puts up with.

Among the comments, there are some plausible explanations given which suggest it might not be fake as such, just impure or badly stored.

Na, I wouldn't think a hedge fund manager is a true pro unless he can maintain a decent return through a recession.. it's all fine until the good times stop rolling.
I really want to see how well schiff will be doing in a decade, he appears to have maintained a decent return on capital for his fund through the recession, but that means little without actually knowing the numbers ;)... which I haven't taken the time to find...
www.europac.net/

And I just have to add, what I'm reading is an introduction to trading. I don't think many of these fund managers or traders started looking into financial markets when they were this age. I believe what I am reading now is a good pre-requisite, and I can try to prevent the development of biases that aren't going to help me in the market. Development of this type of thinking while the brain is still developing is probably going to benefit me a lot.

what does any of this HAVE TO DO WITH TRADING

IQ does not equal = SUCCESS IN TRADING.

The way I see it, there are a few technical reasons why Gold could be a short right now:

* break of HH/HL sequence
* Failure to close > 38 fib
* failure to close > 50 DMA

On the other hand, we're right at the 100 DMA, and despite the fundamental factors, its the middle of the summer - short squeeze more likely than tanking IMO

not quite the point-most institutions will be marking to market-as long as they can show the returns at the end of each day/month/year they'll be happy.

I don't think people are buying gold for protetion against a collapse of society.

I doubt most of the people who keep banging on about the hyperinflation trade are even buying it anyway.

Gold is no different to anything else, because a chart is a chart. :)

A bar and a horizontal line. Location + Trigger.

The only reason for missing this, assuming you're looking to trade gold, is if you're very, very selective (would have been nice to see a higher high for example, or the highs of the 20th taken out or retested). You also could have got this off the 4 hour and the daily.

Anyone could have got in short on gold at just shy of the all-time high.

Easy peasy :).

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 152