Gold, Silver and Crude Oil thread

Latest Daily Gold Futures chart

Highlights
Sharp rally from ABC correction (see post #38). Price held just above *38.2% retracement of the November high to the August low near the next lower RBS pivot of 771-775.
Price is again at underside of trendline.
Price just below SBR pivot 825-830.
Price is also in the **61.8%-78.6% retracement of the ABC correction.
Multiple divergences.

*shown in red
**shown in turquoise

Attachments

• Gold Futures 231107.JPG
    Gold Futures 231107.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 249
Latest Gold Futures chart showing a developing symmetrical triangle pattern within the established rising trend channel.

Attachments

• Gold Futures 071207 Daily.JPG
    Gold Futures 071207 Daily.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 249
".......It's a coordinated effort and that's important; it suggests the central banks are ready to provide liquidity on demand..........''

Under Stress'
".........By allowing the Federal Reserve to inject term funds through a broader range of counterparties and against a broader range of collateral than open market operations, this facility could help promote the efficient dissemination of liquidity when the unsecured interbank markets are under stress,'' the Fed statement said.............".
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Spot Gold 814.8 +11, Brent Crude 9094 + 208, WTI Crude 9154 + 146

long from 847 spot. stop 843. fingers crssed I get a good run in this. I bloody need it.

The Trillion Dollar Secret
By John Riley
Chief Strategist

Background Info re Derivatives and The Federal Reserve's dilemma

"..........But the Fed has to make a decision, lower rates and save the banks, but ignite inflation and kill the Dollar, or let the banks cave in under the weight of some bad derivatives but stave off inflation for a bit and protect the Dollar............".

Precious off this morning as somebody at Anglo said that the power would come back on for 90% of mining operations...personally I have no faith whatsoever in the SA infrastructure..when will Africa learn to invest for the future?

Fair Point...

Precious off this morning as somebody at Anglo said that the power would come back on for 90% of mining operations...personally I have no faith whatsoever in the SA infrastructure..when will Africa learn to invest for the future?

I've noticed money being raised to address those issues.... bloomberg had interview with Paulson before xmas...... he (wb/imf) was (were) bullish on Africa..... poss next china/india ?

in uk pme african infrastructure opps, lonrho, africa opp fund.....all look well placed
plus your old mates.......macquarie wont be far behind....:cheesy:

The thing that got my attention was a massive fibre optic cable link planned to bring broadband to africa........ 4 of the global tech giants are involved....

CME Gold Futures - Bearish Outside Bar reversal on Friday 1 Feb. Also bearish momentum divergence on a short period oscillator. OBV confirming price action.

Attachments

• Gold Futures 010208 Daily.JPG
    Gold Futures 010208 Daily.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 220
Just to add..........

You missed out trend line resistance too.......:LOL:
I saw TLR on Thursday but did nothing...... gutted.............

One of the big dogs recently said over $900 things have got silly* and should start to take profits on $500 longs.......

* Apparently there is rampant speculation with gold etf now having mega quantities of Gold.

Second bite of the cherry ??

You missed out trend line resistance too.......:LOL:
I saw TLR on Thursday but did nothing...... gutted.............

One of the big dogs recently said over $900 things have got silly* and should start to take profits on $500 longs.......

* Apparently there is rampant speculation with gold etf now having mega quantities of Gold.

Decent short opp should be developing in Gold - would love new highs but will take whatever the market gives....:p I'd really like a $60 slider though ...in my drreeeeams !

Relative Strength chart of Gold Futures vs EuroFX Futures.

Also includes latest fib retracement and expansion targets. Last expansion was circa 127.2%.

Attachments

• Gold Futures 080208 Daily vs EuroFX.JPG
    Gold Futures 080208 Daily vs EuroFX.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 216