Gold calls.Long term -medium term and intraday calls in gold is here !.

Calls/Signals provided by "sujithsstorock" have earned me profit ?

• YES

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • NO

Votes: 89 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice trading guys.

Looks like I've missed the moment.

That last lower high hourly signal obviously was false. Good short calls.

Just gone long 879 see how it goes... :rolleyes:

I'm stopped out... I think gold is playing out a H&S and could drop to 860 on my 4 hourly charts.

That's me done for today...

Good luck everyone. (y)

Really, I don't know why you people try and 'predict' the direction of gold! Just trade the 10 and 18 MA cross on the 30 minute chart until it recrosses.

On the 4th August the MA cross gave a sell signal at $910and that trade is still open with $125 profit move so far...

SELL EURO around 1.5508 TGT-1.5430/1.5380 stoploss-1.5528.

Dangerously risky.As its my first call.Keep strict stoploss

You guys are still guessing - the 10 and 18MA recrossed this morning closing the gold trade for $131 profit and signalling to buy gold at 879 - we are now $4 in profit.

You guys are still guessing - the 10 and 18MA recrossed this morning closing the gold trade for $131 profit and signalling to buy gold at 879 - we are now $4 in profit.

Do you trade this/these crosses exclusively and in any other markets?

Here goes my view on gold

871 $ if broken , it opens down way for 855 $.
893 $ if broken,it opens up way for 910-930 $.

Today crude inventory.So be cautious.Hold minimum quantity only.

You guys are still guessing - the 10 and 18MA recrossed this morning closing the gold trade for $131 profit and "signalling to buy" gold at 879 - we are now $4 in profit.

i personally feel , if resistance 893 $ holds,gold can show 872 $ very soon.

I checked your intercross strategy. It doesn't work out always.Especially when price and MA is near a major support or resistance,false signals are produced and you are likely to get trapped.Again its just my personal point of view :D .

i personally feel , if resistance 893 $ holds,gold can show 872 $ very soon.

I checked your intercross strategy. It doesn't work out always.Especially when price and MA is near a major support or resistance,false signals are produced and you are likely to get trapped.Again its just my personal point of view :D .

Agree 100% I'm looking to sell if (when) 893 it hit.
Any short term rallies are bull traps imo at the moment.

MA Crosses

Do you trade this/these crosses exclusively and in any other markets?

I trade this for gold for sure. OK, you will get many small losses during consolidation but the massive gains far outweigh these. I am currently up nearly $7 this morning. You can run a trailing stop or exercise common sense on an exit point.

You can't trade by trying to guess moves - that's crazy. You have to trade from something meaningful on the charts and this simple cross is the easiest. If you have a mindset to trade up or down, then you'll be blind to the reality. Let the chart movements guide you, not fantasy.

You'll find the 10/18 Ma cross is effective in many markets. you may need slight variation, eg. for the AUD/USD on 30 min chart, 10 and 20 gives big profits - 150 pips yesterday/this morning.

Those MA crosses backtest horribly. You need additional components

This is how that cross backtests on Gold back to 01/01/08
I am not saying you do not make money, I am just saying that you obviously overlay some discretion on your signals. Mechanically taking every cross as a buy/sell , as you can see, is a disaster. Just so nobody goes ahead and expects to make money from it.

Attachments

• gold MA1018X.JPG
    gold MA1018X.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 137
For the record, I remain, as ever, a Gold bull. This is a correction and not in any way the end of the gold bull run. However, you have to trade what you see, not what you think so I play both sides but hold a long term unleveraged gold position in the back pocket.

Reply to TWI

Yes, you are right in as much as you have to avoid repeated buying and selling during periods of consolidation. in fact, trading between about 18:00 and 06:00GMT is best avoided as well. Also, you need to maybe close trades before major news releases.

All these things I take for granted and I should have stated that you can't just trade the crosses completely blindly!

I trade this for gold for sure. OK, you will get many small losses during consolidation but the massive gains far outweigh these. I am currently up nearly $7 this morning. You can run a trailing stop or exercise common sense on an exit point.

You can't trade by trying to guess moves - that's crazy. You have to trade from something meaningful on the charts and this simple cross is the easiest. If you have a mindset to trade up or down, then you'll be blind to the reality. Let the chart movements guide you, not fantasy.

You'll find the 10/18 Ma cross is effective in many markets. you may need slight variation, eg. for the AUD/USD on 30 min chart, 10 and 20 gives big profits - 150 pips yesterday/this morning.

OK so what TF are you using for the Gold chart?

stay out of market for 1 hour 45 minutes. we might sell at 888 $ or buy at 864 $ . waiting for a break out.