Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

with gap down in US futes and NIK, suggests liquidity game will get a bit frenetic for a 'few' hours.....not a good time to get aggressive either side for gold players.....

looking long.....i mean, i'm long at 1313's ...but expect a big pile of dung to come at release in 3 hours

there is still interest in gold from investors looking for a sharp turn, analysts believe the yellow metal still has enough power to cross the $2000 mark, although europe is pretty much in the clear a surprise in the global debt ceiling might not be such a shock

still biased for larger swings to be upside for a few weeks...not coz of 2k waffle, coz it's a tradeable instrument.....
sell the strength, get a better exit price and other excuses from the traders verbage almanac :cheesy:

still biased for larger swings to be upside for a few weeks...not coz of 2k waffle, coz it's a tradeable instrument.....
sell the strength, get a better exit price and other excuses from the traders verbage almanac :cheesy:

Chinese selling gold late yesterday. Beware :idea:

http://rt.com/op-edge/us-debt-gold-price-threats-481/

The U.S.A. and China are both currently motivated to prevent gold rising.
U.S.A. indefinitely, China - as long as it suits them.

Is there a conflict of interest in Russian Times presenting this version of events considering it is a gold producer?

Personally gold is pretty useless imho. Of all the different asset classes to invest in gold is pretty low on that list.

Someone quoting $10,000 smacks of desperation. Especially so in light of rejection of the $2,000 level.

Typical Russian negotiation; go in hard, way over the top and then start rounding it down by knocking off a zero to $1000. :cheesy:

XAUUSD, so long as it stays above 1300, the prices should go up
a break of 1408 will see the prices rocket

Is there a conflict of interest in Russian Times presenting this version of events considering it is a gold producer?

Personally gold is pretty useless imho. Of all the different asset classes to invest in gold is pretty low on that list.

Someone quoting $10,000 smacks of desperation. Especially so in light of rejection of the $2,000 level.

Typical Russian negotiation; go in hard, way over the top and then start rounding it down by knocking off a zero to $1000. :cheesy:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/com.../179184-gold-weak-vulnerable.html#post2189632
China doesn't seem to think its useless...
Don't let that get in the way of your own bias though, heavens forbid :LOL:

The link I posted earlier:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/com.../179184-gold-weak-vulnerable.html#post2189632

China don't think gold is worthless, as they have been buying quite a lot of it
the last few years, with constant rumours of a gold backed Yuan.

So I naturally assumed you saying gold is worthless is your own bias towards gold,
and not a wider factual statement of all the major global players.

Hmm I see. I'd say more opinion than bias but can be construed the same I guess.

As for that decision is likely to be more a question of diversifying reserves to some ratio where gold also has a place.

I don't think US or China will determine the global currency but other currencies by choosing what they need from where.

US Dollar becoming global currency was more to do with the world wars and it coming out on top with the USA in tact compared to pretty much most other countries bombed to destruction and devastation.

I very much doubt China will peg currency to gold and declare such a thing.

More wishful thinking than factual - once again imho (not bias ;) )

Maybe.
Chinese gold imports are a fact.
China's dislike of USD as reserve is no secret either.
True that the rest is not solid fact.
They want all that gold for some reason though...

email said:
People who OT on gold are also pretty sick and daft gits too. Enough evidence on these bloggs. Nuff said. (y)

first response to this thread comes into the email.....this thread is going a tad smeagle

pity